• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ultragrass

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
I went to the equine tack shop the other day (where we get our Aubiose from) to get some dried grass in. The woman seemed to know what she was talking about so I took her word for it, I said that it was for rabbits & guinea pigs. She said Ultragrass would be best as it doesn't have any additives or molasses. Well, I have looked online and it says it has a 'light soya oil coating'. Now I'm worried about this, is this okay or not?

http://www.baileyshorsefeeds.co.uk/whatproduct/fibre/ultragrass.htm

We are supposed to pick it up today, it's 12.5kg so don't want to waste it. Also don't particularly fancy saying that we don't want it anymore. Wish I had just asked them to get in readigrass or Just grass :(

I've had a bag of that in the past and my guys were fine. But I didn't get it again as I don't feed enough to make that much worthwhile.

I was worried about the soya thing too (in fact I think I started a thread too! :lol:) but decided to feed it anyway as soya is a main ingredient in the majority of bunny foods, it was in their SS pellets for example.

I've had a bag of that in the past and my guys were fine. But I didn't get it again as I don't feed enough to make that much worthwhile.

I was worried about the soya thing too (in fact I think I started a thread too! :lol:) but decided to feed it anyway as soya is a main ingredient in the majority of bunny foods, it was in their SS pellets for example.

Thanks Hele, yeah I stumbled across your thread whilst searching on here. Didn't find very much other than your thread and two others. I really don't know what to do now, I have posted on a few rabbit fb groups I'm on. Everyone is saying not to feed it blah blah blah.

Now I'm stuck in an awkward situation. Do I just phone and explain that I've changed my mind or just get it and it be wasted? I don't really want to mess them about considering we go there every week and half for Aubiose. Then again she recommended Ultragrass, I just went with what she said. :( stressed as it is and now I'm worrying about what to do!

You could just explain that you are worried by the soya oil content and would prefer some readigrass.

Good luck. It is now easy making those kinds of calls is it?

Back