• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

incontinance again! UPDATED 10th sept

lucy24

Mama Doe
charlies bum is soaked in wee again. last time was January. he was treated for ec but also put on a low calcium diet. i thought that would be the end of it but its back :( im so upset and can't pinpoint what has happened. he has been on different hay but that was 3 weeks ago...:cry: can ec come back? although i wasnt sure he even definitely had it last time. mum also gave him a colliflower leaf about a week ago- could that have set him off?

Last edited:
my Matilda has this! shes had to on and off for 2 years now! I find if I change her diet a tiny bit it flairs up!! shes just on hay and small amount of pellets! I gave them spring greens last week and bam over night it flared!

charlies bum is soaked in wee again. last time was January. he was treated for ec but also put on a low calcium diet. i thought that would be the end of it but its back :( im so upset and can't pinpoint what has happened. he has been on different hay but that was 3 weeks ago...:cry: can ec come back? although i wasnt sure he even definitely had it last time. mum also gave him a colliflower leaf about a week ago- could that have set him off?

Has he been checked for bladder sludge ? Rabbits prone to this can have episodes of incontinence/cystitis/UTIs

I would get the Vet to take a look at him again

last time he was given an ultra sound and checked for both stones and sludge but nothing could be found. it was completely clear.:? poo, i hate vet visits....(not that i dont love the bunnies but you know what i mean, its frustrating!)

He deems lesd wet this morning but in the past he gets worsr as the day goes on. I have a vet appointment bookef anyway. He is drinking alot so i think it is sludge imo but will see. Sometimes it looks like he is yrying to tippy toe so he doesn't feeel the horrible wetness between his legs :( he seems happy tho

Hello. Well been to vets and he is being treated for ec. My vet daid his tummy and bladder feel teally good. His bum furr has all been trimmed as it was really mucky and matted. He as scalding between his legs. I may have to rince his bum when it gets dirty. I am yreating both him and honey Especially since rarly last week i haf noticed hrr dribbling wee but ot stopped so it ould be they both habe ec. My poor boy.

For the scalding shall i leave it or put something on it? If so what?

Back