• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Supplements for buns!

LuTAD

New Kit
Hi everyone,

I have been to the vets today with one of my buns - she has had mites recently and the Xeno wasn't working so she required a couple of Ivermectin injections - it seems to have done the trick. Daisy is a rescue rabbit and her rehabilitation has taken a long time. Although a lot happier we still have some work to do as she is quite highly strung. The vet has suggested that I try some supplements for a) stress-relief and b) dry skin (a manifestation of stress we think). Does anyone have any suggestions for things they have tried? She needs to avoid anything high calcium!

Thanks,

Lu

I give Anima-Strath to my snuffly bunny every now & then. It helps a lot with immunity & cleared up anything that antibiotics couldn't.
I'm not sure if it could help you, but you can also try chamomile & lavender for stress relief, & nettles for the dry skin as it contains silica. :)

I give Anima-Strath to my snuffly bunny every now & then. It helps a lot with immunity & cleared up anything that antibiotics couldn't.
I'm not sure if it could help you, but you can also try chamomile & lavender for stress relief, & nettles for the dry skin as it contains silica. :)

Great - thank you for your help!

I've just been trying my buns on Amina Strath and I must say my goodness! One bun in particular has more energy and her poops are lovely and just so many of them!! She's had a terrible time lately with dentals and a lost molar she really wasn't interested in food at all. I'm not sure if she would have started to eat on her own or if it was this supplement but she's so perky and doing binkies everywhere and eating everything in sight, she even has her little round tummy back too!! It's so lovely to see her so full of beans after the past couple of weeks. I think I might get myself some!!!

Ive seen this product before and wondered about it.I think I will get some to help my pooly bunny.Is it best to get the liquid or powder and do you sprinkle it on their food?

Ive seen this product before and wondered about it.I think I will get some to help my pooly bunny.Is it best to get the liquid or powder and do you sprinkle it on their food?
It is the same & my vet said that her bunny loves to lick it off the spoon, but mine hated it. He loves the granulated form, though :D

Back