• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

moulting

Kim_perkins

Mama Doe
Candy is going through a major moult!

I'm having a day off from the hospital and giving her some much needed tlc.
I'm brushing and brushing but getting no where! Her fur is every where and it's white which does not help. She also looks like a scruff bag where it's shedding.any one got any tips on how to help keep on top of her coat? X

Does she let you stroke her? I find stroking with wet hands (not dripping wet, obviously, more damp) is a great way to get the excess fur off, and it's something that can be done as many times a day as the bun will allow! Although your hands do get literally coated in fur afterwards :lol:

My boy is moulting like mad too!! I brush and comb him most evenings and he looks a real scruff bag atm. The 'slightly wet hands' across the coat is good - I do it too! :wave:
I've combed enough fur out to stuff a mattress - or so it seems! :lol:

My boy had the biggest molt leading up to his death.. he also slept a lot more than was usual... i was wanting to ask on here at some point whether that is a usual pattern of events before going....

I would brush with the hoover nearby to catch all the fluff. Finding it difficult to be at home because his fluff is everywhere..

My boy had the biggest molt leading up to his death.. he also slept a lot more than was usual... i was wanting to ask on here at some point whether that is a usual pattern of events before going....

I would brush with the hoover nearby to catch all the fluff. Finding it difficult to be at home because his fluff is everywhere..

Awww. Perhaps you could gather it up and make a tiny cushion to cuddle?

Does anyone else notice their moulting rabbit is on a bit of a downer, my Bobert seems a bit down in the dumps and I wondered if it was down to the discomfort (if there is any) of being constantly surrounded by a cloud of his own fluff :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Bridge Bun Malcolm used to get a bit down in the dumps when he was having a big moult, definitely took the bounce out of his bungee.

Amy, after having her nearly eight months and was only ever lightly shedding, has suddenly started shedding in earnest, with great big bits to pluck out. She nearly killed someone who's asthmatic last week and had an allergic reaction to her fur.

I went down to candy this morning and honestly look a right state clumps of fur hanging on her! She wasn't bothered, just waiting for her breakfast.

It's crazy this is the biggest moult I've known her to have but luckily they usually last a week or so.

I have fur EVERYWHERE. Have to shower myself after! My poor partner is asthmatic and rabbits are the worst!

It's not even the fur apparently it's their saliva on the fur!

Sonic has a dramatic moult twice a year, he barely ever has a 'nice' coat. His upcoming collection :lol: is v. dark this year! He started off a sandy coloured bun now he's dark grey speckled with brown... sort of, it's hard to describe! Constantly picking fluff off my clothes!

Back