• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Milo and Finnlay thread!

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
Hello RU, I am starting my own little thread in which I'm going to post videos photos and stories about my boys, I wanted to do a blog initially but I'm lazy and I like RU so I'm going to do it here, hope nobody minds!

MILO AND FINNLAY

TOLD FROM MILOS POINT OF VIEW (Because Finn is too lazy for this stuff)

Hi, our names are Milo and Finnlay, we are two loppy bunnies who came into our hoomins life through a naughty breeder in Peterlee, a short drive from Hartlepool where we live! Our hoomin had just moved from her mummy and daddy’s home and felt lost without the pattering of furry feet’s, so she looked for us on an awful site called Gumtree, and there we were, sitting on a couch cushion with lots of other baby bunnies! Mummy decided she would come and see us and went to the hoomins home where there were lots of nasty breeder’s hutches one on top of the other, there must have been six or seven! Mummy picked Finnlay from a hutch at the bottom, because he had a big floofy coat and a beautiful marble grey and cream pattern, and a big butt, mummy loved his grumpy face. Our hoomin then picked up a bunny from a hutch at the top, a little brown bunny who’s ears hadn’t flopped over yet, he was very small! But the hoomin who fed us then told mummy to look at me, hiding in the back of the hutch, because I had the beautiful colours, I wasn’t sure I liked this new hoomin, but mummy picked me up and looked at me and said I was beautiful! She had never seen a bunny like me, with my cream coat and grey bum! Mummy loved me from the moment she laid eyes on me. She gave the lady something called ‘’money’’ and then I was put into a hutch with my new friend Finnlay, we became best friends very quickly! Mummy came to pick us up a few days later and we went home in a cagey box in a scary machine called a ‘’car’’
This is us at home with mummy for the first time:​

Our new house was like where we lived with all the other bunnies. Finn was a bit scared and was very quiet for a while, I think mummy worried about him, I did lots of exploring but I got tired very quickly and we snuggled together. We stayed close because we weren’t used to only being two! But I liked Finnlay and could tell we would be best friends! We were like brothers already!​

Mummy at first gave us hay and the foods with the fruity and crunchy bits in it, we had this at our old house but we would only eat the bits we liked! Then I got into some mischief, I had only been at my new house one day when I scratched my ear at the very end, it didn’t hurt at all but mummy spotted it and was worried so she went onto the thingy called the ‘’internets’’ and found lots of other hoomins talking to each other on something called Rabbits United and asked what she should do! The hoomins were very nice and told her now to worry and to keep an eye on me until it went away, it went away very quickly! My mummy is such a worrier!
After a while mummy decided that she wanted us to be in the house with her, so she could get to know us better, mummy got something called a ‘’cage’’ and brought us inside and let us run around the living room, we enjoyed this very much, we loved the nibblings of the table legs and liked to pee on mummy’s carpet. Mummy didn’t mind though, she said she would start ‘’litter training’’ us soon, I giggled because I knew I wouldn’t pee where mummy wanted.
Here is us having out first explore around the living room:​

I decided that I would say hello to my new hoomin, I went over and sniffed her and she didn’t smell bad at all, so I did the mighty leaps and said hello to my new hoomin face to face!​

After a couple of weeks mummy started to talk to the other hoomins on RU more and more, she discovered lots of things, she would tell us that the hoomins had told her that the fruity, crunchy foods was not good for us and that we had to eat something called ‘’pellets’’, mummy bought some and mixed it with our crunchies, me and Finn weren’t too sure but after tasting some we ate the whole lot! After a while mummy said we had to eat this all the time so we could grow big and strong! We love our pellets now, we stand and wait for mummy to give it to us and sometimes give her a nudge to tell her to hurry up!​

When we turned 9 weeks old mummy decided that we had to go to the vets for our first visit to the ‘’vets’’ we didn’t know what this would be like and we had to go back in the scary box and car again, we went to see the vets and got our first ‘’vaxinayshun’’ which was really scary! A strange hoomin picked us up and gave us a little stabby feeling, but it was over quickly and we were soon back home again. Finnlay didn’t like the car at all and went and hid when he got home, mummy said she was really sorry and gave us a bit of pellet as an apology, I forgave her quickly and she said it would make us strong and keep us healthy! Finnlay is such a grump sometimes!
We got bigger and bigger every day and mummy decided that where we lived wasn’t good enough, the hoomins on RU had told her that we needed the spaces to jump and run! I loved this idea and mummy had to put our nasty old hutch in the garden, goodbye hutch! Mummy had a room called a ‘’utility’’ which needed the works doing badly, it was all messy and falling down! This is what it looked like:​

Mummy asked a man to start making the room nice for us, she said when it was done we would have a big space to jump, run, dig and play in! We were very excited! The only bad thing was me and Finn had to live in our cage for a while, mummy said it was only temporary and would give us the runs of the room whenever she could, she hated us being in the cage!​

This is me not being happy about being in the temporary house!​

After what seemed like forever mummy told us that the room where we would be staying was almost done! She told us it wouldn’t be long and eventually our new room looked like this! Ta daaa!
Mummy said it would only be a week or so and we would have our new house!​

We were very excited! But then I did something naughty, one day I decided to show Finnlay who was the boss and I did the naughty humpings, I didn’t mean to I couldn’t help it! Finnlay didn’t seem to mind but my mummy said it was naughty and said it was time we went back to see the strange human at the vets to get ‘’nootard’’ this made mummy really sad because we had to live in separate cages for a while, we had to wait until we were ready and it made us both really sad that we couldn’t play together! We went to get nootard on Monday 4th August, we were a big five and a half months old and mummy was very worried about us. Mummy wanted me and Finn to be together so we got to stay in the same house the vets, I woke up quickly but Finn was very sleepy, he kept on falling over! After a while our nana came to get us and took us home, we went back into our cages and mummy told us it would be a while before we could come out. She didn’t want us to hurt ourselves!
This is us before we got nootard, mummy would let us out together for a little bit because we missed each other! But she had to watch us closely as I couldn’t help myself with the humpings!​

It was another long times before we were feeling better and I didn’t feel like doing to naughty humpings as much anymore and mummy said she had a surprise for us! She took us into our new room and showed us this! It was our new house!​

We were very happy and mummy said that as long as I behaved we could play together! At first we were fine and I still did the humping a little bit, but after a while I felt ok and we could finally play together in our new house! I had never been so happy! Finnlay was happy too and he did binkies around the big space! We have lots of new toys in our house now!​

Mummy sometimes comes in and cleans up our hard works and then we have to poo and pee all over it again. Which keeps us very busy! But we don’t mind as mummy provides the tasty hays! We are very glad that mummy asked the other hoomins on RU for advice! We live in a big space now and have lots of thing to do and I can snuggle next to my best friend and brother when I sleeps. Mummy is very smart in the rabbit ways now and sometimes I think she is a rabbit herself, Finnlay likes to groom mummy fur on her head.
Mummy has learned a lot, like how we need lots of space, toys, groomings and nail clippings, I don’t like the nail clippings but mummy knows it’s good for us. She tells me that she always thinks about the other bunnies in the shelters that nobody wants; she says that she loves us very much but she was naughty to get us from the breeder lady! She wouldn't do it again! I think it’s sad that the bunnies have no homes and we must do everything we can to help them! Thank you mummy and RU!​

What a lovely story and stunning buns :) looking forward to reading the next instalment xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

What a lovely story and stunning buns :) looking forward to reading the next instalment xx

Haha thanks! I won't lie I was slightly inspired by Lady Wosies antics! I love her haha :lol:

Haha thanks! I won't lie I was slightly inspired by Lady Wosies antics! I love her haha :lol:

Aww thanks. Her naughtiness must be contagious :)

Milo should drop by and leave a comment some day and if they would like to appear on her gallery Rosie would be more than happy to have such handsome boys on her friend page ;)

Aww thanks. Her naughtiness must be contagious :)

Milo should drop by and leave a comment some day and if they would like to appear on her gallery Rosie would be more than happy to have such handsome boys on her friend page ;)

Haha I shall let him know and I'm sure he would be happy to! ;)

Haha I shall let him know and I'm sure he would be happy to! ;)

Thanks for the lovely comment from Milo the magnificent :) Wosie will be most pleased and reply as quickly as she can. She is a very busy lady these days. Lol

If you would like any pictures included in the gallery could you pm me please. xx

Lovely story and lovely pics! Milo and Finnlay are adorable! :D

PS. If being called "adorable" will dent their male pride, you cant tell them I really meant "very handsome"! ;)

Last edited:
Lovely story and lovely pics! Milo and Finnlay are adorable! :D

PS. If being called "adorable" will dent their male pride, you cant tell them I really meant "very handsome"! ;)

Milo revels in being made to feel ''adorable'' Finn on the other hand doesn't like to be touched at all :lol: I think he's a big bunny in a small bunny package!

Back