• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit savvy vet in north east essex

Welly

New Kit
Hi everyone, I've just joined up in the hope of finding a rabbit savvy vet around my area - we live in Frinton on Sea, Essex. My 4year old boy has got head tilt and I took him to the vet who gave us a 28 day course of panacur in case he has e.cuniculi but said if he isn't eating within 24/48 hours then to go back and have him put to sleep ! The only possible reasons for his head tilt that she gave were e.cuniculi or brain tumour ! Nothing in between..
Choc has been eating grass and greens/fruit by himself and I have been syringe feeding him hus normal pellets made into a puree/mash and he has been passing it through albeit not as much as usual but then he's not eating as much as normal..

Any advice/info would be fantastic please. Thanks for reading xx

I'm afraid I can't give any advice, but wanted to bump this up for you in the hope someone sees it who can help :thumb:

I had a head tilt bun a few years ago and went to my local vet and saw a young vet who had only seen one case before. So I know how difficult it is not having a rabbit savvy vet. With advice on here I kept positive and although it was about 5 weeks before she was back in her hutch with her sister it was worth every sleepless night. Lol She almost returned to normal with just a slight tilt of her head but very active and lead a good life. Good luck. X

The nearest I know of with a good reputation is Colne Valley Vets in Colchester. I'm not sure if there is a good bunny-savvy one nearer to you or if there are only certain vets at Colne Valley who are good with bunnies.

Back