• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long to leave Poppy with the body of her husbun?

Whitelighter

Warren Scout
Henry died sometime today. I came home and he'd gone in the run. Poppy was hopping around and grooming him. I've moved him into the hutch and Poppy is now just sat next to him in their favourite spot.

How long should I leave them? Will she eventually walk away and if she does is that a sign she has accepted he is gone? Dusty seems indifferent but I did see Poppy nip her which is unusual.

Henry died sometime today. I came home and he'd gone in the run. Poppy was hopping around and grooming him. I've moved him into the hutch and Poppy is now just sat next to him in their favourite spot.

How long should I leave them? Will she eventually walk away and if she does is that a sign she has accepted he is gone? Dusty seems indifferent but I did see Poppy nip her which is unusual.

I would leave him with her until she seems comfortable with the idea, and hops off or begins to groom herself. Or until bedtime, which ever is the sooner.

She has just hopped off and is eating. Until then she was lying right next to him. I'll keep watch from a distance and if she doesn't go back I'll go and remove him

:(

I'm trying to do what's best for Poppy

What's best for me isn't important right now. He still looks like the handsome rabbit he always was.

I would remove his body when she has moved away, thats what I do with all animals. Sorry for your loss.

Back