• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noodle

Domino27

Mama Doe
Hi all,

This is Noodle

My latest addition to the family, I happened to come across a breeder who was getting rid of her and decided to rescue her from her life and potential future breeding life. As much as I would've liked to have taken one from a rescue I came up across many hurdles and at least I can offer this one a good home. She's about one year old and only had one litter. She's being checked out by my vets in the morning and then will be vaccinated and neutered once settled.
She's obviously very nervous but relatively easy to handle. I think she's been cooped up in a hutch for her life as once she got out in my outside run (which is 10foot) she binked and ran for the relative duration of her time outside (bar when she was eating grass). It was an absolute delight to see.

I think I'm going to have some problems bonding her to my other bun who is around 4 / 4.5 yrs old. He's been on his own now for around 6 months and seems quite happy:

I put him in the run but separated the two sides with one of the mesh run lids. He was NOT happy although was interested in her, didn't charge but did try and bite her through the mesh and grunted. Now I get why - either not ready, doesn't want another bun or probably it's his territory and didn't want another bun in there. She didn't seem phased by it and binked away. It's completely different behaviour to when he first met my other bun - flopped right by the separation mesh whereas this time he was in the corner sulking. I guess only time will tell really but if I have to keep them separate in the end then I guess I have to do that. It will be done gradually anyway and might be different once she's done and he's used to her. Wish me luck!

Awwwww! They are both gorgeous :love::love::love:

I have a bun that was a breeder "reject" and she had 2 babies with her when she came to live with me :wave:

They are both adorable! Noodle has very similar features and build to my bun. Did the breeder say if yours is a mini lop or a dwarf lop? Your older bun looks like a total bundle of furry love :p

Back