• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scared

I have a 5 month old unneutered female rabbit and when i first got her, i handled her quite a lot as i was at home most of the time. Now i have a job, I only see her in the mornings for about 30 minutes, 1 hour at lunch time and then when i finish at 6 and from there on. I also spend time with her on at the weekends. My mum is at home all the time with her and regularly plays with her. Recently I have realised that she no longer 'likes me'. Whenever I go up to her she will smell me and/or just run away. She wont let me come near her and wont let me pick her up. I don’t know whether this is just her hormones? or whether she is annoyed at me?

Last edited:
Hi :wave:

You probably smell different coming home from work with other people and things are a bit strange for her :?

plus hormones could be partly to blame too :(

other than that i have no real input but didn't want to read and run and maybe someone else with more insight will find this now and be able to offer more help. :D

Maybe you could sit at her level and let her come to you when she's ready and try avoiding going after her or picking her up unless you have too? :) Picked up a little doe yesterday from the local rescue and this approach seems to be working well :).

When you see her do you try to pick her up?

Xena has recently refused to come anywhere near me because I have been putting her in a carrier to put her in the run everyday...even though it's something nice, she HATES being handled or put in her carrier and so now she associates me with a bad thing. :roll: I would sit with her and feed her hay, grass, forage or some healthy treats so that she starts to associate you with something good. I plan on doing this whilst I'm off work this week with Xena so that she realises I'm not all bad.

5 months isn't a long enough time for a strong bond is it? my bond grew over years and it was a very different relationship at the end, to the beginning.. he was quite disagreeable at first.

Back