• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

White Spot In Bunnies Eye

Kasia

New Kit
photo2_zpsead088be.jpg.html

photo1_zpsb0023b49.jpg.html

Hello. I am new to this Forum so not quite sure how to use it yet :) I do have a question though regarding my bunny.
I have attached (I hope!) two pictures of her eye and she has a very big white spot in her eye.. This problem started about 5 months ago. The spot never used to be this big, it started off as very small, her whole eye sort of looked cloudy. I did take her to the vet, she was prescribed eye drops, the vet never said what it was then after the eye drops finished I took her in for a check up and the vet said her eye looks okay and she shouldn't have any problems with it.. About a month or two later I took her in for an emergency appointment as she stopped eating, and it turned out her back teeth were over grown (on the same side as her poorly eye). I asked about her eye and the vet had another look and said my bunny is going blind in that eye :(
Few months later and her eye has gotten a lot worse. The spot has veins going across is and the rest of her eye looks very red in the day light. She is happy as ever, binkying around, but when she's not doing much she squints that poorly eye.
I am very low on funds at the moment as I don't work. I just wanted to get an idea of what this could be, as I'm very worried. I will take her to the vets as soon as I manage to get hold of some money. But I was just wondering if anyone has ever come across something like this?

Here are the links if the pictures do not show up.
http://s36.photobucket.com/user/kasiaaugustyniak93/media/photo2_zpsead088be.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
http://s36.photobucket.com/user/kasiaaugustyniak93/media/photo1_zpsb0023b49.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

I thought it could have been, and in the last visit I mentioned EC to the vet and she said that it's very unlikely as Helena (my bunny) doesn't have head tilts and is acting normal so she told me not to worry. I think I need to change my vet!

I thought it could have been, and in the last visit I mentioned EC to the vet and she said that it's very unlikely as Helena (my bunny) doesn't have head tilts and is acting normal so she told me not to worry. I think I need to change my vet!

I think that might be a good idea. If you post a thread in Rabbit Chat asking for recommendations of a 'Rabbit Savvy' Vet in your area some members may be able to make some suggestions :)

Back