• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what my clever brother made....

vicky_26

Warren Scout
So that I can put the rabbits bottles on the wall !

0590f1fa78214b576bf3fd4e608c9a2d_zps2deeb060.jpg

031ffbb4df199c85d1f0ea4f2fcecdc0_zpsfdc42b0b.jpg

I looked everywhere for a wall mounted bottle.....I currently use an indoor cage top propped up against the wall! Mentioned it to him and he said I could make you something...! (He's an engineer).

Very impressed with what he turned up with today!

I'll buy one!! ... Please please ask him to make another!,!

He is a genius!

He could seriously approach living world or pets at home with this... Make sure he patents it first though!

I'll let him know he could be on to a business idea! If it's something he could make a few off would anyone be interested in buying one and how much would you spend?!

I suppose it depends what its made of, i reckon, bottle included , I'd pay £15.00 ... It is fab..

I suppose it depends what its made of, i reckon, bottle included , I'd pay £15.00 ... It is fab..

It looks like he's made it out of stainless steel or perhaps aluminium. As a one off it will be quite costly. But for bulk volume, you could make it cheaper by casting it or making it out of plastic using injection moulding, that way it could be one solid part. There is a good prototyping company we use at work called Proto-Labs who do injection moulding.

That's brilliant. I love a man who can make something to solve a problem. I too think he could take this further, see if there's a market. I know in America some use a water bottle for dogs, obviously with a larger ball, so there are free standing water bottle stands.

Years ago before you old buy them for rabbits my dad cut the end off a wire shopping basket, having borrowed it from Sainsburys ;), and made a hay rack for my first rabbit Dusty.

Yes not sure what he made it from but guessing aluminium or steel as it is very heavy. It wouldn't necessarily need to be so heavy as long as it was strong enough to hold the bottle and keep it secure and in place.

He did say it wasn't cheap to make as a one off. He said I'd need to be the business brains!! Will def look in to it further! When's dragons den on next hahahah....

Back