• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is it so hard to rescue?!!

TD86

Alpha Buck
I tried the RSPCA in Chatham - had a myxi outbreak so were closed for some time

I tried the Rabbit Residence Rescue - Voicemail says they are closed for two months

I tried other local ones but they seem to bond in large groups and I wouldn't want to break that up by taking one

I tried Gumtree in desperation but there are no males available locally to me.

You hear so many stories about how many abandoned rabbits are in rescues/they're full to the brim and I can't even get one :(

Whereabouts are you? There's some on rabbits on need on here if that's any good?

I'm in Gravesend, if you could point me toward somewhere fairly local (just noticed you're in Dartford) that would be great!

Wow yes I help raise money for

http://secondchance-rehoming.co.uk/

They never turn any animal away and they have some males available. You can try calling John on the mobile but he is really busy so your best bet is to email them, Amanda will pick it up if you email the small furries address. She is good at getting back to you quickly. I'm in the process of doing another calendar for them to raise money and got one rabbit rehomed for them. Say hello to them from me!

Christine

How about furry friends? Just south of Croydon.

https://sites.google.com/site/furryfriendsanimalrescue/home/about-us

They put posts up on here.

I've looked at them already, there's nothing suitable :(

Wow yes I help raise money for

http://secondchance-rehoming.co.uk/

They never turn any animal away and they have some males available. You can try calling John on the mobile but he is really busy so your best bet is to email them, Amanda will pick it up if you email the small furries address. She is good at getting back to you quickly. I'm in the process of doing another calendar for them to raise money and got one rabbit rehomed for them. Say hello to them from me!

Christine

I've looked at these already but none of the males are neutered and I have nowhere to put them as I'd need to get them done and keep them separate. I don't have a spare hutch and can't have them in the house as it's just not bunny proof.

I just want to find a neutered male within a rescue that does bonding so I can send Penfold off as I've bought a new shed for them to live in when they come home and I can't seem to find anything :?

I dont think Rabbit Residence is closed to adoptions - just to intakes. They have literally hundreds of rabbits awaiting adoption!!!

I dont think Rabbit Residence is closed to adoptions - just to intakes. They have literally hundreds of rabbits awaiting adoption!!!

Oh! I rang Caroline and it went to voicemail saying they were closed for two months except for certain things (can't remember what but don't think adoptions was one so assumed it included that).

I wanted to take Lindor and Edam but knew they had been listed seperately so wasn't sure if there was a chance that they could be bonded and if they could, I wanted to take Penfold up so they could be bonded as a trio as we will have a shed waiting for them when they come back.

Oh! I rang Caroline and it went to voicemail saying they were closed for two months except for certain things (can't remember what but don't think adoptions was one so assumed it included that).

I wanted to take Lindor and Edam but knew they had been listed seperately so wasn't sure if there was a chance that they could be bonded and if they could, I wanted to take Penfold up so they could be bonded as a trio as we will have a shed waiting for them when they come back.

Send an email up to Caroline. They've been short staffed/volunteered and hectic over the summer with holiday boarders but might be able to fit you in with bonding as they have still been rehoming.

Ooo I have two neutered males that need a home! Please please please consider them, my OH is allergic to bunnies & these were only supposed to be with me temporarily but his ex wife doesn't want them back & now I need to get them rehomed. My buns have their own room so it's not too bad but these are in the living room & he can't breath at all. He's given me two weeks to move them on or he's taking them to p@h adoption centre.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to GBH Rescue, which was a fair drive for me, but they were so lovely and helpful.
I would go there again :)

I travelled 2 hours for my new boy today, found him on Rabbit Rehome. Some worrying things on free ads too 😔

I went to GBH Rescue, which was a fair drive for me, but they were so lovely and helpful.
I would go there again :)

GBH is in Beckenham, so not too far from you. I've had piggies from Jackie. She has a facebook page so you could try contacting her through there. They have LOADS of babies at the moment too (most have now been neutered).

Cuddly Critters in South Ockendon? Just over the water from you. Kerry's bunnies are neutered and she offers a bonding service too.

I won't lie, I had the same problem, I needed a single lady and no one had any! Only bonded in pairs!

That's why I ended up going all the way to Southampton from Dover to collect my little ladies. I only went to see one but Skylar looked so small and sad I had to bring her home too!!

When the right bunnies appear, it'll be because they need you and Penfold and no one else will do x

Back