• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay in Sheffield?

Hele

Warren Veteran
I'm looking for somewhere to buy good quality bales in Sheffield. I've tried several local horsey shops with no luck.

I've heard Pennine Country Store is good? If so that'll be good but it will be an hour round trip for hay :shock: anyone got any other suggestions?

My latest bale was a lucky buy we just happened to drive past a sign advertising a feed shop selling hay ect but that was on the other side of the peaks so despite the lovely hay not much use for the next bale! :lol:

Me too!
I know of one near anston so could get you details of that but is miles away from me
And someone on here had one near hillsborough
But I'm on a similar mission
I've tried totley hall sheep farm but not sure about the quality
And trying whirlow next - and going to call some stables and see where they get stuff from at the weekend

Me too!
I know of one near anston so could get you details of that but is miles away from me
And someone on here had one near hillsborough
But I'm on a similar mission
I've tried totley hall sheep farm but not sure about the quality
And trying whirlow next - and going to call some stables and see where they get stuff from at the weekend

Ooh anston isn't that far from me at all! In fact I have to drive through it to get to the vets! :lol:

Where in anston is the hay place?

I'm crystal peaks way so if I am closer than any hay places I could always get you an extra bale?

This is the info:

Just off junction 31 of m1, past Godfrey garden centre
It's not grange farm
It's past there, about a mile, just have to keep following the country lane and bear right. Can't remember what it's called, I'll try to find out
It's down "hardwick lane". There's a big farm on the left, then keep going and there's three garages filled will hay/straw etc with an honesty box

Good luck.....

Just been :D I found it easily even if the concept of an honesty box feed store seemed a bit odd :shock: the hay was reasonably priced and looks like good quality :p plus I was able to break the bale down into bin bags without even taking it down off of the pile so neither the car nor my house is covered in hay :thumb:

Thanks for that!

Back