• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies keep spilling get their water bowl and I'm having a meltdown!!

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
At least twice a day clumsy Talullah will stand in/knock over their water bowl.
Problem is they live on carpet then like to poo in the wet patches and walk through it :evil:
I'm forever picking wet poo out the carpet and off bunnies feet it's driving me nuts!
Any ideas? A bottle is not an option they free range and I have nothing to attach it to.

I used a plastic tray under my water bowls for a while which caught any spillages and if ti was pooed in, it was easy to clean.

Equally, a heavier, ceramin bowl, designed for dogs, can work a treat as well.

I use one a bit like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kerbl-Maya-...409254626&sr=1-1&keywords=dog+water+dispenser

It's enormous and I don't leave it there until it's empty, but the weight due to the large container full of water stops them from chucking it about and tipping it over. I have a pair of 3+kg lops and they leave it alone nicely!

I use one of these too, they are great, the bunnies do sometimes get their paws in but they dont knock it over, best thing ive bought for them and their room (tiled floor though - i would use a doormat to sit it on x

Back