• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrr rabbits have eaten the floor!

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Having yesterday bought a lino type offcut for the girls soon to be built indoor enclosure, safe in the knowledge that they've never chewed the floor in the kitchen, unlike the carpet which they eat, I've come home to this. I could just cry! :cry: They've taken a chunk out of the kitchen floor, actually eaten it too because there's no bits around. They were both eating hay when I got home so I don't know who the culprit is.

What do I do now? Presumably they will try to eat the new floor too now? I can cover up this section with a tile to try and stop them eating it further but they might just start on another bit :( I guess it was a protest at me having to work late yesterday and today. I've just bought them a little house today too.

Oh baaaad bunnies :( don't know what to suggest really, I would have thought from a rabbit point of view, carpet would be easier to chomp than lino ? Mine have never chomped the lino in the shed, they've never been on carpet tiles, so not sure if they would or not. Ungrateful little b's at times aren't they ? :lol:

Oh baaaad bunnies :( don't know what to suggest really, I would have thought from a rabbit point of view, carpet would be easier to chomp than lino ? Mine have never chomped the lino in the shed, they've never been on carpet tiles, so not sure if they would or not. Ungrateful little b's at times aren't they ? :lol:

They definitely are ungrateful! I'm in the process of getting them loads of new stuff and I'm worried they're just going to destroy it all and make themselves ill eating things they shouldn't!

Mine have never eaten lino so I don't really know what to suggest. I'm really surprised they got their teeth into the floor - I can understand chewed loose edges. Do they have any products made from willow or water hyacinth? Mine love to chew mats, tunnels and baskets made from these two matertials. The hay experts do a good selection. Things like this might distract them. The only other thing I can think of is getting a big piece of hardboard and laying either laminate floor or floortiles down and then some grass mats, seagrass mats etc. for traction. Hope you find a solution. Is your enclosure being made by Boyles pet housing? Can't wait to see when it arrives!

Mine have never eaten lino so I don't really know what to suggest. I'm really surprised they got their teeth into the floor - I can understand chewed loose edges. Do they have any products made from willow or water hyacinth? Mine love to chew mats, tunnels and baskets made from these two matertials. The hay experts do a good selection. Things like this might distract them. The only other thing I can think of is getting a big piece of hardboard and laying either laminate floor or floortiles down and then some grass mats, seagrass mats etc. for traction. Hope you find a solution. Is your enclosure being made by Boyles pet housing? Can't wait to see when it arrives!

I know I'm really not sure how they've managed it, it doesn't go to the edge. They've peeled off the top layer basically. They've been on the same floor (when in their pen) for 8 months with no problems! They had a chew mat and some willow balls in there today. Plus they had a paper bag of hay and pellets to destroy when I left. They had 30 minutes free time this morning but I didn't get home this evening until 6:30 instead of 5:15. I guess they got bored but they were happily eating hay when I got back!

Yeh I'm still waiting for my Boyles enclosure. I think he has 2 more orders and then it's mine :)

Back