• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How big is a Rex?

Thank you! :) I'm not sure if the lovely lady I'm looking at might be a bit big for my boy...!

Well I don't have a rex, but I do have Delilah who is a continental giant x french lop and weighs in a just over 6 kgs.....her ickle fella is Frankie a little lithe lionhead x and he weighs around 2.5 kgs!!!!! Size does not matter in most cases as it is the personalities that makes for a good bonding.

Well I don't have a rex, but I do have Delilah who is a continental giant x french lop and weighs in a just over 6 kgs.....her ickle fella is Frankie a little lithe lionhead x and he weighs around 2.5 kgs!!!!! Size does not matter in most cases as it is the personalities that makes for a good bonding.

Yep, Morse was 3.5kg before he became unwell and he was bonded with Big Libby who was almost 7kg !! Oh and Morse was definitely the boss !!

Yep, Morse was 3.5kg before he became unwell and he was bonded with Big Libby who was almost 7kg !! Oh and Morse was definitely the boss !!

Delilah THINKS that she is the boss, purely because she bulldozes her way through life....and she is intelligent too, however Mr. Titchy Trousers......Frankie is the boss and frequently comes to my rescue when Delilah decides to come thundering up the garden in ' attack mum mode'. Frankie is quietly confident in most ways...which is just as well really.;):lol::lol:

No! :D He always struck me as the gentle one of the two, although I wouldn't have called Big Libby domineering in any way, she was a lovely lady. :)
When one bunny is very large and the mate is very small, at least the little one can sneak into the movies in the larger one's ears. :) ;) I've seen the Flemmie/Nethie combo before and it is adorable as long as they pair well. :love:

Thanks for the weights on the minis, Jane, I've been wondering of late if Fiver was getting a bit podgy but he seems just right. :D
I'd also add that Rex/MiniRex bunnies are big on personality and, well, intelligence. I think they are less "bunny-centric" and more prone to human companionship. At least that's what I've found with Fiver. He does have an interest in being bonded with my lop, Mimzy, but so far we've been unable to do so because Mimzy is a head tilt bunny and rather 'humpy' and Fiver doesn't like it.
If I ever were to have more rabbits though, I think the minirex would be my choice. :love:

Thanks for the info :) the next question is whether a Rex is too big for me!?
Tango is 2.8kg and despises leaving the ground, I struggle when checking him over and have a really hard time giving any meds he needs.
I suppose I either need a smaller bun or a large one who is comfortable being handled. Finx is a very small crossbreed and Pepper is in between, and i find them much less of a handful!
I'm probably overthinking and will end up taking the one I fall in love with :)

Back