• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Too far for Pepper to choose his own wifebun?

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Hi all,

In a month or so, once Finx is all healed and all returns to normal, we'll be looking for a girl to bond with Pepper.

I'd like to take him to the rescue to choose his own partner if they're ok with that, but I'm a bit worried that it's too far for him - it's about a 45 minute drive.

What do you think?

That's about the same journey time I had to make when I took Mabel to the rescue's foster home to be bonded with Arthur. If the rescue are able to bond for you or at least let you introduce the bunnies there then I think it's definitely worth the journey. It could save you a lot of hassel and travelling in the long run. Good luck with it.

I think it would help if I knew how well he travels, but he's never been on more than a 10 minute journey with us!

My bunnies have a 40-50 minute drive to the vets. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took Molly for a 2 hour round trip for her to choose Gerry. I know she's a good traveller so I wasn't worried about her and it was definitely worth it. You get a good guess on whether they'll get on well or not.

Back