• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is winter coming early ?

luna

Mama Doe
Just curious really ... I was planning on letting freddie outside in the wendy house set up (day time hours )for another month. I was hoping we might get another spell of warm weather early September but I can't see it happening now.

We have started putting on the central heating for half an hour a day and there is a definite temp change between inside and outside.

So I think maybe it's better to keep Freddie inside full time at this stage. Opinions please?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

It must be just Ireland so :( it feels like winter has arrived today. Brrr !!!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

:wave:

I think the weather is about to pick up again. Next week it's predicted 20/21in the Midlands but we'll see :lol:

Last edited:
No it's not just Ireland, we've had 3 lovely sunny days up here, but nights are down to almost 0. Went to put the buns inside shed yesterday, early evening, I could see my breath ! :cry: Not sure how to advise about little Freddie, he's so tiny bless him. Just bought 2 snuggle safe, think it's going to be a cold one :evil:

I think so too, the leaves on the trees have been turning colour for quite some time here :evil:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I realize I'm living in the almost always frozen north, but it's been a very cold and wet summer and we've got temps in the high 20's and low 30's F forecast for the next few nights, with snow predicted for sometime in the next few weeks! :(

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!
dc7op9pc9.jpeg

Well I realize I'm living in the almost always frozen north, but it's been a very cold and wet summer and we've got temps in the high 20's and low 30's F forecast for the next few nights, with snow predicted for sometime in the next few weeks! :(

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!
dc7op9pc9.jpeg

But weren't you moving to California this summer? Or have I just lost the plot? :oops::lol:

But weren't you moving to California this summer? Or have I just lost the plot? :oops::lol:

No, sadly our plans are on permanent hold due to a different family crisis. :(
I suppose I should be glad I'll see the aurora again now. :roll:

No, sadly our plans are on permanent hold due to a different family crisis. :(
I suppose I should be glad I'll see the aurora again now. :roll:

Sorry to hear you're not moving & about your family crisis. Hope things get better soon.

But, as someone who would love to see an aurora, no sympathy at all on that front!! That's up there with wanting to see a tornado & volcanic eruption! Ah well, still time, I'll cross the volcanic eruption off my list in November!

Sorry to hear you're not moving & about your family crisis. Hope things get better soon.

But, as someone who would love to see an aurora, no sympathy at all on that front!! That's up there with wanting to see a tornado & volcanic eruption! Ah well, still time, I'll cross the volcanic eruption off my list in November!

You and I must have been separated at birth...I so want to do storm chasing even though tornadoes terrify me! (Been in a few when I was traveling with my grandfather as a teen...it's a chastising experience.)

Volcanoes...meh....I can live without that though. My birthdad and stepmum live on the Kilauea caldera at Volcanoes National Park in Hawaii. They're within two miles of it. :shock: I have not understood the draw although I have Google Mapped the area and it is a beautiful place. But. The volcano...it's right over there! :shock:

I don't have much moxie I'm afraid. :lol: Living life dangerously is too scary. A late night mad dash in a blizzard to get a pet to the vet 30 miles away is all the adventure I need!

You and I must have been separated at birth...I so want to do storm chasing even though tornadoes terrify me! (Been in a few when I was traveling with my grandfather as a teen...it's a chastising experience.)

Volcanoes...meh....I can live without that though. My birthdad and stepmum live on the Kilauea caldera at Volcanoes National Park in Hawaii. They're within two miles of it. :shock: I have not understood the draw although I have Google Mapped the area and it is a beautiful place. But. The volcano...it's right over there! :shock:

I don't have much moxie I'm afraid. :lol: Living life dangerously is too scary. A late night mad dash in a blizzard to get a pet to the vet 30 miles away is all the adventure I need!

Oh wow you've seen tornados too?! Can I swap lives with you?! I do have nightmares about tornadoes, it's one of my recurring dreams, but even though they terrify me in my dreams, I would so love to see one irl. I love watching natural disaster movies & documentaries just to go "oooo, pretty tornado :love:" :lol:

I did geology a level at school & as far as volcanoes go, Hawaiian ones are pretty boring. They're as safe as an active volcano can be. Like the Fujitsu scale for tornadoes or Richter scale for earthquakes, volcanoes have a VE index & Hawaiian volcanoes are a one. I've probably done more explosive sneezes :lol: so they're pretty safe living that close. Now Vesuvius, Krakatoa, St. Helens & maybe even Etna, I wouldn't advise being that close! It's generally the pyro clastic flows that get you, not the lava & to my knowledge, they tend to be one or the other. And those with a blocked caldera have a tendency to be more powerful like a champagne bottle!

Aaaaaand nerdy volcano lecture over :oops::oops::oops:

Back