• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Secret Santa ?

Oooh I hope this happens! I've never participated in a Secret Santa on this forum, maybe this will be the year when I finally sign up :oops:

ETA: just realised this was about a rabbit one...I don't have any rabbits but I'd still want to be part of that if possible :)

Last edited:
Oooh I hope this happens! I've never participated in a Secret Santa on this forum, maybe this will be the year when I finally sign up :oops:

ETA: just realised this was about a rabbit one...I don't have any rabbits but I'd still want to be part of that if possible :)

I really hope you do - it is great fun! But hard work for Jaysmonkey I think :D

In previous years - although it has been for hoomins - my buns have always got a pressie too - and I always send my 'person' treats for their buns - and any other animals too. So it is kind of for both already - and I think it's just just taken for granted that buns & co are included.:D

It is a lot of hard work for poor Stef, and I think last year she got a bit disheartened because some people disregarded the date when they were supposed to post by, and some people actually just didn't keep in touch at all even though they had signed themselves up for it.

That being said, it is a lot of fun! I definitely hope she does it again, but she might be busy, she has just got married. :D

There is always a photo thread of the unwrapped presents and a thread where you can guess who your secret santa is. :)

It is a human secret santa, she sends out questionnaires to everyone, so that people have some idea what to buy each other. A lot of people usually put a gift in for the rabbits as well, but you don't have to have a rabbit to take part. I think one of the questions on the questionnaire is about what pets you have, and their names etc.

Last edited:
The Human one is great fun, I've taken part in the last 2 and the gifts I've had were lovely :love: but I also really enjoyed coming up with ideas of what to buy my recipient :thumb:

There was one for rescues, but I think one of the people running it got upset because it had less interest than the human secret santa...

I love the buying presents part too, and wrapping. I love Christmas! :lol:

I would take part if there was a rescue one again but probably wouldn't take part in a human one.

Last years was brilliant!

My secret santa was a lady local to me that I knew of but never met :lol:

I don't know if Stef will be running it this year, she said last year she may not.
But I'll happily organise/help organise if she doesn't. I love secret santa and have plenty of time on my hands :lol:

I don't know if Stef will be running it this year, she said last year she may not.
But I'll happily organise/help organise if she doesn't. I love secret santa and have plenty of time on my hands :lol:

Excellent...roll on Christmas :thumb:

There was one for rescues, but I think one of the people running it got upset because it had less interest than the human secret santa...

I love the buying presents part too, and wrapping. I love Christmas! :lol:

KarenM & I run the rescue secret Santa.

I would take part if there was a rescue one again but probably wouldn't take part in a human one.

Thank you HC1 you have always been loyal to the rescue secret Santa there will definately be one again this year :wave:

That's a lovely offer. Think the list for participants went out in early September last year. It certainly is a lot of work - 4 months worth by my reckoning.

Back