• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ted ...baby head tilt bunny

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Ted

our newest arrival

He has head tilt and is currently on treatment for EC .

But he is such a happy soul and is coping very well.

Awww bless him! This may be a stupid question, but once a bun has been successfully treated for EC and is no longer 'ill' are there any long term health issues caused by a bun having head tilt? As in would they cost a lot more in vet bills simply because they have head tilt?

Awww bless him! This may be a stupid question, but once a bun has been successfully treated for EC and is no longer 'ill' are there any long term health issues caused by a bun having head tilt? As in would they cost a lot more in vet bills simply because they have head tilt?

I had a head tilt bunny, my Kermit. Once he was over the EC he did get a couple of abscesses on the down side of his face. He also needed to have eye drops in his up eye at times, but apart from that he was perfect (Miss my wee lad).

Oh my gosh! :love::love::love:

Can I ask, is this the head tilt bunny from the free ad? I'd be so happy to know he's ended up in a safe home xx

It depends on the bunny .
Some have a few minor problems but some have none . It depends what damage the parasite EC has caused before treatment . Treatment can stop things getting worse but cannot repair damage done .

Sending lots of Vibes for this little fellow, My lucky is in the middle of his 28 day treatment for EC and is much improved from the falling down bunny he was a couple of weeks ago, hope all goes well and that there is some improvement with the head tilt.

Paul

What a darling little guy! :love:

My Mimzy has about a 40 degree tilt left over from his illness which began over two years ago. His balance is not the best either and he still has nystagmus that seems to come on and get him spinning on the spot, but other than that my vet says he's doing really well and that actually his tilt seems to get better each time she sees him, but I think she's a bit off there. :lol:

Glad to hear Ted is in a safe place now and I hope his treatment goes well. :) xxxx

Back