• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lord Herbert- U/D 24th October

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I have not mentioned anything about this until now for obvious reasons. I am all too aware of what some people have 'said' about the fact I bought Lord H.

Lord H is not a 'well' Rabbit. It is NOT ear related or Heart related so far. It is GI tract related and may be terminal

So yes, I am getting my come-uppence

I am devastated, but more important than anything to do with me, Lord H may not have a very long life

So, fire away , no-one can make me feel worse than I already do

:cry:

Last edited:
Oh god Jane, I'm so so sorry, that's just devastating news :cry: do you know what the problem is? No-one is going to slate you for having a sick rabbit though, it could have been anybun from anywhere. I'm just gutted for you :cry: sending massive hugs to you, and mega vibes for little Lord H xxxxx

Why would anyone say 'serves you right'?! You were helping a rabbit. It doesn't matter where the rabbit comes from - the important thing is they have a good life. People who adopt are not morally better than someone that buys, as long as the rabbit gets good quality care (IMO).

I do hope Lord H proves to be a little fighter and will spend longer with you than you think. xxx

First of all lets put the idea of' serves you right' out of our minds. I definitely would not be saying that about you. Now about Lord H......he couldn't be in better hands in my opinion. You will do your utmost to care and love him Jane and that is as much as any of us can do.

Lord H may have ended up elsewhere and never having experienced the love and tenderness that you not only show to him, but to all of your furry family.

Sending vibes to his Lordship. xxxxxxx

:cry::cry::cry: Devastated to read your news.

Only Herbert and you matter. The politics are irrelevant when it comes to issues like this ... or they should be :evil:

It's not come-uppance, it's just his fate, not something you are being punished with. I 'rescued' Izzy and yet I had her only 23 days... got Little Dot from a rescue and yet only had her 10 weeks. That's just sadly how things go. Herbert is lucky to have a home with you as he will do the best he could have done.

This is going to be so hard on you, I'm so sorry the youngster that should have been something to look forward to in the future is so unwell:cry::cry:

I am very sorry to hear this Jane. Lord H is special to you and that is all that matters, I hope that this is not as bad as you think and he can stay with you for some time to come xxx

First of all lets put the idea of' serves you right' out of our minds. I definitely would not be saying that about you. Now about Lord H......he couldn't be in better hands in my opinion. You will do your utmost to care and love him Jane and that is as much as any of us can do.

Lord H may have ended up elsewhere and never having experienced the love and tenderness that you not only show to him, but to all of your furry family.

Sending vibes to his Lordship. xxxxxxx

Could not have put it any better!

:cry: IMO it doesn't matter whether a bunny is a rescue/pet shop or breeder bun, no bunny deserves to be ill, and TBH thinking there are people out there that think the opposite makes me feel sick :cry:

I am sure Lord H has a much better chance of getting through this because you bought him, rather than someone else who may not be knowledgeable or have rabbit savvy vets.

Sending mega vibes to Lord H and hugs to you Jane xx

Oh Jane, no-one could possibly be saying that - as others have said, lovely Lord H could be in no better hands, I know 100% you will give him the very best care and if he is that poorly, then he is blessed to be in your care. Goodness knows where else he may have ended up. Sending lots and lots of love and vibes for you both xxxx

Jane I wouldn't worry what other people have to say.

As for Lord H, he is in the best care, you will do everything you possibly can for him. Sending lots of vibes x

I'm so so sorry to hear Lord H is poorly :cry: I don't think it "serves you right" at all, that rubbish IMO. All bunnies deserve a loving home, regardless of how they came to it and no rabbit could be better cared for than with you. "Let he without sin, cast the first stone" sending you tons of vibes xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jane I would like to think no one would say that regardless of their thoughts on where he came from. On a positive note he stands a better chance with you than anyone

Thank you

He is seeing C again this morning xx

Fingers, toes and paws crossed for him.

And Jane......please try and put that 'serves you right' thought in a box and put that box somewhere in the back of your mind. Waste of energy having such thoughts and also not good for health. Pleeeeeeeeze try. Turn negative thoughts into positive ones and focus on Lord H and how much he needs you. Di. xxxx

Sending vibes for your gorgeous boy :love:

Quite frankly, anyone who thinks "serves you right" isnt worth a second thought xxx

Back