• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reasons I can't get bunnies...

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
1. My mum has banned the concept of house rabbits. Can't say I blame her after the havok my beautiful boys created!

2. The shed is falling apart. Besides, I want them for the awesome company. I don't know how you're supposed to go back to 'normal' rabbit keeping after you've had them indoors with you!

3. Myxi is rife out there. The poor wildie buns are in such a horrible state. Pickles contracted nodular myxi even after the vaccination.

4. I literally can't afford it. I've spent so much money this year, just on putting my room right after Pickles, my stupid car, nanny insurance and petrol, little things that have just mounted up.

5. My dog has a terrible hunting instinct. I would be so afraid she'd get hold of them.

6. Who knows where my future is headed? I can't stay living here with my parents for the rest of my life! Sooner or later I'll have to move out, and to what? I couldn't ever afford to rent so I'd have to get live in nanny work. What exactly are the chances they'd let me bring a suitcase full of bunnies?!

7. I have no time or energy. I only work 30 hours or so a week and I don't have a long commute, but having ME I'm pretty much in bed whenever I'm home. I never even have the time or energy for a social life. They wouldn't really get the attention they deserve, anyway I'd miss them all day.

8. I can't go through the pain again of constant nursing sickly buns, and the eventual loss.

9. It's my Ginger and Pickles that I really want.

I know all this, and yet I can't help thinking about it. I miss the whole 'rabbit' thing so much. Binkies and flops and whisker-wiffles, and snuggles and nips and being mugged for fenugreek crunchies. I miss their smell and their soft fur and their attitude. I know this is such a totally pointless thread. Feel free to ignore me, I just wanted to offload.

1. My mum has banned the concept of house rabbits. Can't say I blame her after the havok my beautiful boys created!

2. The shed is falling apart. Besides, I want them for the awesome company. I don't know how you're supposed to go back to 'normal' rabbit keeping after you've had them indoors with you!

3. Myxi is rife out there. The poor wildie buns are in such a horrible state. Pickles contracted nodular myxi even after the vaccination.

4. I literally can't afford it. I've spent so much money this year, just on putting my room right after Pickles, my stupid car, nanny insurance and petrol, little things that have just mounted up.

5. My dog has a terrible hunting instinct. I would be so afraid she'd get hold of them.

6. Who knows where my future is headed? I can't stay living here with my parents for the rest of my life! Sooner or later I'll have to move out, and to what? I couldn't ever afford to rent so I'd have to get live in nanny work. What exactly are the chances they'd let me bring a suitcase full of bunnies?!7. I have no time or energy. I only work 30 hours or so a week and I don't have a long commute, but having ME I'm pretty much in bed whenever I'm home. I never even have the time or energy for a social life. They wouldn't really get the attention they deserve, anyway I'd miss them all day.

8. I can't go through the pain again of constant nursing sickly buns, and the eventual loss.

9. It's my Ginger and Pickles that I really want.

I know all this, and yet I can't help thinking about it. I miss the whole 'rabbit' thing so much. Binkies and flops and whisker-wiffles, and snuggles and nips and being mugged for fenugreek crunchies. I miss their smell and their soft fur and their attitude. I know this is such a totally pointless thread. Feel free to ignore me, I just wanted to offload.

Come and share somewhere with me and my bunnies. Come and help part time with me and my business especially if I need to re-locate . If I get to stay where I am, there is a spare double room waiting to be used. Perhaps do some childcare for a few hours a week to make up your money? Hold that thought......it could work for us both.

Last edited:
Hoppit I notice you are in Cornwall, so am I. You could always come and spend time with my bunny, she lost her sister back in May and we were going to find her a husbun but so far there hasn't been any bun suitable close to us plus the more time she spends with us the more she is growing in confidence. Depending on where you are this could also be great for us as I would love to have the odd day out knowing that someone who understands my bun would be able to pop in several times a day or even just spend the day watching TV and being her servant!!

Fidget is a 1 year old black otter dwarf lop who is a house bun, she is incredibly loving on her terms but would love another hoomin slave lol!

Hoppit I notice you are in Cornwall, so am I. You could always come and spend time with my bunny, she lost her sister back in May and we were going to find her a husbun but so far there hasn't been any bun suitable close to us plus the more time she spends with us the more she is growing in confidence. Depending on where you are this could also be great for us as I would love to have the odd day out knowing that someone who understands my bun would be able to pop in several times a day or even just spend the day watching TV and being her servant!!

Fidget is a 1 year old black otter dwarf lop who is a house bun, she is incredibly loving on her terms but would love another hoomin slave lol!

This sounds like a great idea.:thumb:

Back