PDA

View Full Version : Should I delay the bonding?



daffodil.lemurs
25-08-2014, 10:47 AM
I've just had to leave my little lionhead at the vets with ?statis, I came downstairs this morning to find he hadn't eaten overnight...the house feels so empty :cry:
I'm due to pick up a girl to bond him with next week. Do you think it's best delaying the bonding, I don't want to stress him out when he's just been ill.
I'll ask the vet what he thinks when I go back in but was wondering if anyone had any personal experience?
Thanks

tonibun
25-08-2014, 10:51 AM
If he just has a slight bout of stasis he should be back to normal soon, maybe later today. So, no, I wouldn't put off the bonding. Do you think he ate something which has upset him? Hope he recovers soon.

daffodil.lemurs
25-08-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure what's caused it, he ate his veg last night at about 10pm and sat on my knee watching Breaking Bad :lol:. I gave him his pellets when I went to bed and I came down at 7.30 this morning and he was just sat in the corner by the stairs and hadn't touched his food :( He seems to be moulting non stop and even with daily brushing there is still fur flying off everywhere, I don't know whether he might have ingested too much. I'm awaiting a call back after the exotics specialist sees him at 11, I'm so glad my vets have their own out of hours service.
I'll carry on with the plans for bonding, I can always pop the new girl up in my bedroom for a couple of days if I don't feel like he's ready to start bonding straight away.
Thanks

Pets mum
25-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Hope he feels better soon, sending get well vibes :wave: