• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So who has a rabbit folder/ringbinder? :)

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
After a couple of threads posted yesterday, I realised that maybe I should create some sort of 'information pack' on the bunnies, in case I'm ever put in a similar situation, OR if something happens to me and someone else has to look after the bunnies for a while. In 18 months or so I hope to be living with my boyfriend, and he could probably use a 'bunny how-to' guide in case I'm ever poorly :lol:

After a bit of googling, I found out that it's actually really common to have a big folder with all your pets' info in it. Do any of you have one? What sort of things have you included? :wave:

I have a note book of care for all my animals. who eats what and how much etc,medications, how often need clean out etc and what their vet phone numbers/details are as I use different vets for different species. ie avian vet is mega expensive so i only want birds going there-one local vet is good for dog, another one is more bunny savvy.

I keep a bunny folder with plastic pockets.

In it I have all my vet receipts, bunny expense receipts, vaccination records, information leaflets, my rwaf membership details, info like their date of births etc. The purpose of my folder really is to keep track of all bunny expenses.

The bunnies have their own little filofax too where I track their mood / health and appetite etc, when they moult, when they have had health checks, nail trimmings and vaccines etc and when they get ill (medication ).

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

no, I don't have a folder. but daughter knows a lot about the buns and how to car for them and they've been with the same vet all their lives.

Last edited:
I keep a bunny folder with plastic pockets.

In it I have all my vet receipts, bunny expense receipts, vaccination records, information leaflets, my rwaf membership details, info like their date of births etc. The purpose of my folder really is to keep track of all bunny expenses.

The bunnies have their own little filofax too where I track their mood / health and appetite etc, when they moult, when they have had health checks, nail trimmings and vaccines etc and when they get ill (medication ).

Yeah this is the exact sort of thing I'm going for, I want to track my expenses/all of their vet trips as well. Im also going to put a picture of each bunny with their name, and who is bonded to who etc etc. If my boyfriend had to look after them he might let them all out to "play together" (despite me telling him many times that it doesn't work like that! :lol:) which would be a disaster, as two of my girls hate eachother, and one of my girls hates every other living thing on this earth :lol:

I can't believe they have a filofax too, that's when you know you're addicted :p

Yeah this is the exact sort of thing I'm going for, I want to track my expenses/all of their vet trips as well. Im also going to put a picture of each bunny with their name, and who is bonded to who etc etc. If my boyfriend had to look after them he might let them all out to "play together" (despite me telling him many times that it doesn't work like that! :lol:) which would be a disaster, as two of my girls hate eachother, and one of my girls hates every other living thing on this earth :lol:

I can't believe they have a filofax too, that's when you know you're addicted :p

Hehe ... I know, what am I like ? Their filofax and mine are sitting side by side on my book shelf.

That's a good idea to have an information page for your oh. He will have no excuses now. Lol :)

I have a folder and a pet planner, the folder is just rabbit info etc but the planner is for all vet reciepts, weights, vaccination cards etc. It's very handy, has all the tabs for documents, helpful contacts etc.

This thread has inspired to sort mine out! There's a messy and unorganised plastic folder full of paperwork in the filing cabinet but I think I need to get it in order now :lol:

I have a file with all my pest details in, each section is for each pet, contains vaccs cards, insurance details, certificates etc. Does that count?:oops:

I also have a box file where I have kept magazines or articles that might help like syringe feeding etc too :wave:

I had to laugh when I saw the pet planner. I love the idea, but can imagine your reaction Chloe! :lol: ...I cant help thinking youve probably already been looking them up, knowing your obsession with organisers! :lol:

...I have a "furry folder" that has general care info, weight records, vaccination cards/records etc incase something happened to me and i ended up in hospital, as i often do! It also contained details of all the rabbits and piggies ive ever taken in. When and where they came from, contact details of the people i got them from, and a mini diary of their progress/vet trips/tretment or anything else. I also keep info on where the ones that found homes went to, their addresses etc and a copy of their vet records whilst they were here. Bit excessive to some people, maybe, but i feel i should keep detailed records of rabbits that i dont consider to be pets, to prove what has been done with them, when and show that ive maintained their health and welfare whilst theyve been in my care.

I thought this would be a good idea too especially as I have a dental bun & a good aggressive bun so would be handy for when they go on their holidays whilst I'm in Costa Rica :thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought this would be a good idea too especially as I have a dental bun & a good aggressive bun so would be handy for when they go on their holidays whilst I'm in Costa Rica :thumb:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely a good idea!

I don't, though it's not a bad idea, particularly if my parents and I go on holiday in January and we leave Amy with my gran or uncle.

It's ironic. I have them for all my boarders but not my own animals. Bugsy has a vet book through the charity that details his food, worming/flea treatment, weight and any ongoing conditions. Just my own animals that are neglected!

I had to laugh when I saw the pet planner. I love the idea, but can imagine your reaction Chloe! :lol: ...I cant help thinking youve probably already been looking them up, knowing your obsession with organisers! :lol:

...I have a "furry folder" that has general care info, weight records, vaccination cards/records etc incase something happened to me and i ended up in hospital, as i often do! It also contained details of all the rabbits and piggies ive ever taken in. When and where they came from, contact details of the people i got them from, and a mini diary of their progress/vet trips/tretment or anything else. I also keep info on where the ones that found homes went to, their addresses etc and a copy of their vet records whilst they were here. Bit excessive to some people, maybe, but i feel i should keep detailed records of rabbits that i dont consider to be pets, to prove what has been done with them, when and show that ive maintained their health and welfare whilst theyve been in my care.

I did have a quick google but couldn't find anything :lol:

It's ironic. I have them for all my boarders but not my own animals. Bugsy has a vet book through the charity that details his food, worming/flea treatment, weight and any ongoing conditions. Just my own animals that are neglected!

I'm sure they're not neglected :p The threads yesterday just encouraged me to finally sit down and do it. My Cupcake bunny has recurring snuffles and is often battling stasis, so as a result she often looks a right scruff and if I knew little about bunnies, I may well assume that she was being neglected. I want a way to easily show that she's at the vets regularly, with receipts, notes and dates etc, and that despite her problems she's still happy for now. Plus like I said, it's handy if someone else has to look after them. I have Crohns disease and very occasionally I end up so poorly that I'm bedbound. My little brother looks after the bunnies normally if that happens, but if/when I live with my OH, it'll be him that has to do it :shock: :lol:

Back