• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smudge - U/D not tooth root abcess!.. 🐰

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Hi

Am sitting in energency vets. Smudge has a huge lump on his lower jaw, unsure if tumour or abscess but his face is distorted and he has had a runny bum.

I had managed to give him metacam prior to putting him in carrier but he has at least shown an interest in grass to lick it anyway.

Wish him luck please folks. His wee face looks awful and he looks so miserable.

Fee xx

Last edited:
Just back, I have left him at vet school for xrays and exploratory .:cry:

They are really unsure but they suspect one of the following, a root abcess, a soft tissue injury, a blocked salivary gland or the unthinkable....,tumour. His teeth were checked as best they could without knocking him out and no spurs were evident. He is in every other way looking good...

They did agree it was huge, but I felt terrible, I sit and play with them daily and check their bums but I simply didnt see this, how in gods name could I have missed a growth so huge? I reckon it mist have come up quickly as it is difficult to miss..

They are pumping him full of antibiotics and will investigate tonight, he's on metacam, emeprid and anti biotics. Willow is with him thankfully. They will let me know tomorrow what they suspect.

I feel sick with worry,

Thanks for the vibes folks.. I would still appreciate loads for my boy as he may have to undergo surgery..
Love Fee xxx

Deleted... I searched the forum for answer.... oMG.. I am so worried now...

Last edited:
Vibes for smudge. Try not to unnecessarily worry yourself......the internet is possibly the worst invention at times lol

Thanks folks...

Easier said than done with the internet... i know, its a nightmare but i cant help myself just now...
While i was waiting in the vet school, 2 dogs were PTS..

The mind is running riot!

Fee xxx

Sorry to read about Smudge, nothing I can say will help so I am just going to send loads of vibes and tons of hugs toy you. Xx

Back