• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

when to start bonding?

Hi I have 2 nethie males and a continental giant male. They are all the same age 1o weeks . The Nethies share a cage and are brothers so all is fine for the time being with them two. I would like them all to share a run but don't know whether I should put them together now while they are still babies or wait and keep them separate until they are neutered? Or due to the size difference just keep them apart all their lives( which Id hate to do)? Id be greatful for any advice and anybodies experience with bonding Conti's with smaller Rabbits Thanks

Brothers quite often start to fight at around 14 weeks so please watch out for that. One day they can be snuggled up, next day they are arch enemies. The introduction of a strange rabbit who is unrelated is almost certainly going to upset the apple cart. Even when all 3 are neutered I wouldn't bet on a successful trio but I could be proved wrong.

If you can get your 2 brothers to neutering without any fighting, then you stand a chance of them remaining friends. Then you would have to try to bond them with the big boy (neutered of course) which could break down the brothers' bond. Sorry to sound so pessimistic. Maybe someone who has had a successful bonding with similar bunnies will give you their advice.

Back