• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is wrong with these companies?

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
After Crystal's dose malfunction, I just got an order of Metaclopramide for Autumn, only to open it and find they have sent Metronidazole. Not only have they sent Metronidazole, they have stuck labels on it named as and dosed as Metaclopramide, and all the accompanying paper work is Metaclopramide.

Had I not known what Metaclop looked like, had I not checked the labels and the actual med I would be overdosing my bunny (because the #Metaclop dosage is twice the Metronidazole dose) on an entirely irrelevant medication. :censored:

Ffs, the pharmacy did the same for my fil with a drug that could kill him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm so glad you were the one to get it, a lot of people wouldnt have known!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Human pharmacy did similar with some migraine tablets for me... right tablets, wrong labels. Problem was I'd have taken 6 times the dose|!

If it was a handwritten prescription, sometimes the writing is so illegible its dangerous!,!!

Oh the saga got better.

It was a written prescription (which was legible) and we used an online human pharmacy. The dude I spoke with from there was REALLY helpful and will sort it out but obviously, I'm still without meds. He admitted their error.

My vets were due to sort out some emergency stuff in the interim. I went to pick it up and they had given my Ranitidine. I went back to my car and googled, having an inkling, and that is also Zantac, which he is already on at max dose.

So back in I went and had I actually given him that, I would have overdosed him with that too.

But now I have metaclop tablets and he will be given an eighth.

Oh man!

Oh the saga got better.

It was a written prescription (which was legible) and we used an online human pharmacy. The dude I spoke with from there was REALLY helpful and will sort it out but obviously, I'm still without meds. He admitted their error.

My vets were due to sort out some emergency stuff in the interim. I went to pick it up and they had given my Ranitidine. I went back to my car and googled, having an inkling, and that is also Zantac, which he is already on at max dose.

So back in I went and had I actually given him that, I would have overdosed him with that too.

But now I have metaclop tablets and he will be given an eighth.

Oh man!

It's a good job you're a knowledgable rabbit owner! If it was a less experienced person then they could have unintentionally killed their pet :(

Back