• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teaching young children about rabbit care

DomaNikki

Mama Doe
My mom and step-dad are foster parents and not long ago I was looking after the twin girls for a day that they are currently caring for.

Everytime they come to mine they always ask to see/play with the rabbits - on this occasion I said they could help me clean out their set ups if they wish... they jumped at the chance but my goodness they definitely wish they hadn't have said yes!!

Both girls kept repeating 'this is disgustiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing', they barely wanted to do anything, said it was really hard work and that they wouldn't want to do this all the time like I do.

They didn't have to do much but I found their reactions very funny :lol: Anyone else experienced this with young children?

Brilliant!!! :lol::lol:

At least they won't be pestering for pets any time soon after that!!

;):love:

:lol: They definitely wont be! It was very funny watching they barely touching anything when cleaning out... pinky fingers in the air and everything :lol:

My friend lent my 6 year old a copy of 'Lulu and the Rabbit Next Door' by Hillary McKay, it was great at explaining rabbit welfare wrapped up in a way that was interesting and easy for her to understand. Both my girls actually fight over cleaning Hopscotch's cage, complaining if they haven't got enough work. I think each one wants to prove themselves to be better with rabbits than the other :rolleyes:

Back