• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad news re Jackaroonie's Flopsy/ UD Keeping him going

JemimaH

Warren Veteran
Jack does not feel like he can post this, so I am doing it for him.

Lovely, gorgeous Flopsy has been deteriorating for a while now. He has been losing weight, mobility and his 'spark'. It has become clear in the regular updates that I get, Flopsy is a very poorly little man. Yesterday something went wrong and Jack found Flopsy lying on the floor of his run, unable to get up. That was very distressing for Jack and, I think, the final straw. Despite everyone's - Jack, John Chitty and his team - best efforts, it has become clear nothing more can be done. Jack has made the incredibly brave and selfless decision to bid farewell to his fond, furry friend.

On Saturday Flopsy will drift off into his forever sleep.

Jack has agonised over this decision and it has been incredibly, incredibly hard for him. I'm sure he would appreciate both peaceful vibes and virtual hugs.

Flopsy in June 2013:
10626521_806891679355138_4624636285743421631_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Jemima for posting for me.

I don't think I can do it - I just don't want to let go. His collapse yesterday really shook me up. He's been hanging on for at least 4/5 weeks now. We've run out of options. I hate having to make this decision. What if he's not ready?

:cry:

I've not had to face this yet so have no advice, but I think you're very brave Jack and will be thinking of you and Flopsy.

So sorry Jack :cry: thinking of you. It's clear how dedicate you are, and have been to Flopsy. He is so lucky that he's had you caring for him, and fighting with him.

Oh Jack, I'm so very sorry. :cry: Please know if you read this that my heartfelt prayers and thoughts are with you and Flopsy. You have both fought this so bravely. I know this is such a hard decision. You are showing a very mature and loving heart by making it, even if it does not feel like it right now.
Bless you and Flopsy. Sending vibes for peace and comfort to you. ((((((((Massive hugs))))))) xxxxxxx

JemimaH thank you so much for letting us know. You are very kind to do this for Jack. xxxx

ETA: I just saw your post while I was previewing mine, Jack. I think between you and your vet you'll be able to know if it is time. And Flopsy will tell you. It's always something we equviocate endlessly, this choice. That you are questioning it is something we all do. Your heart and your head are doing battle right now. Ultimately whatever is best for Flopsy will be the right decision.
Thinking of you. ((((((((Hugs)))))))) xxxx

I'm so sorry to hear this, I'm actually in tears here for you. It's so heart breaking having to make that decision, but it's our final act of kindness to our beloved companions. And if you know it's going to happen, you can make his last day very special & treasure every second. Sending you hugs & nose rubs for Flopsy xxx I'll be thinking of you on Saturday xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:cry:.. Oh no, what sad news... i'm sorry to hear this Jack.. You know Flopsy better than anyone and making that decision is the hardest of all..you would not have to make it unless you knew deep down it was kindest for Flopsy

He has had an amazing life with you..

Thinking of you both when that time comes... Much love
Fee xxx

Last edited:
I can only echo what others have said. From day one you have done everything with thoughts for his welfare first. It is true it is the kindest decision you can make when you know his quality of life is deteriorating. I will be thinking of you and Flopsy on Saturday.

I'm so sorry you are in this situation, it's the hardest part of caring for pet.
Sending lots of peaceful vibes for both you & your gorgeous Flopsy xx

Thank you everyone so much.

I don't think I can do it, I've just had a cry. The thought of Flopsy not being around is heartbreaking. He's fought so hard and continues to carry on. Yes he's very much drugged up but he's still living. I don't think I could live with myself for making the decision if Flopsy isn't ready. He can't tell me that he's had enough and that he wants his life ended.

Seeing him sat and grooming Lily just breaks my heart. They have such a strong bond and have been together the past 3 years. Lily has never been alone and she would be lost without him :( despite Flopsy being so poorly - he still grooms Lily and shows affection.

I'm torn. I don't know what to do for the best. For him. For me. For Lily. He's been in my life for 7 and half years since I was 10 years old. He's 7 years & 8 months old and I'm 17. For the past two and half years I've been medicating him twice daily, it's become my life. I couldn't imagine not having a rabbit to medicate. The only reason I actually get up is because of Flopsy. Surely there's something more that can be done. There must be :(

I can't do this, I really can't. I know it's probably for the best but I don't know if it's what my Flopsy wants.

Back