• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay everywhere!

Rigby82

New Kit
So I finally stopped Florence peeing beside her litter- the trick was to put her hay right next to her litter box- so she doesn't get confused anymore. Now i am very aware that rabbits need to have 85 % of their diet as hay- so i have given her more hay outside her cage (Which she doesn't pee on!) but now the hay is EVERYWHERE. She likes to pull it out of the container and chuck it around so my floor is permanently covered in bits of hay. Has anyone got any good ideas on how to make a tidyish hay feeder and save my hoover from burning out? Or quick tips on cleaning up a hay explosion?

Thanks for your input!

E x

So I finally stopped Florence peeing beside her litter- the trick was to put her hay right next to her litter box- so she doesn't get confused anymore. Now i am very aware that rabbits need to have 85 % of their diet as hay- so i have given her more hay outside her cage (Which she doesn't pee on!) but now the hay is EVERYWHERE. She likes to pull it out of the container and chuck it around so my floor is permanently covered in bits of hay. Has anyone got any good ideas on how to make a tidyish hay feeder and save my hoover from burning out? Or quick tips on cleaning up a hay explosion?

Thanks for your input!
E x

Oh my gosh yes. Mal likes to redecorate with the entire contents of his hay rack. Everywhere I go there seems to be a little trail of hay! Smells lovely but as you say does the Hoover no good. I wish I had the answer too!

Harvey with his hay. I use these ikea thingies with all the buns now. Lot easier :D Excuse the back wall Jasmine decided she liked to eat paint :roll:

Harvey with his hay. I use these ikea thingies with all the buns now. Lot easier :D Excuse the back wall Jasmine decided she liked to eat paint :roll:

That's amazing! And stylish :) what is it? Or at least what did ikea think it SHOULD be used for, ha ha.

I bet you'll come back with one of the little dolls beds. They are irresistible for buns. ;)

Oh god and there goes my money! I had to take out her 2nd level in her house as she's got sores on her back legs, so she's just got vet bed on the bottom of the cage. That might be a very happy compromise. Thank you!! :thumb:

Back