• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I found a rare clip of my Dad

TickTock

Alpha Buck
My Dad being the type of man who hated cameras and being filmed. Apart from another clip (in which you can't see him, only hear him insulting one of my buns:roll: ) this is the only video I have of him.

It's good to heard his voice again after so long :(

In case anyone wants to see it (its blurry old camera phone)

he looks fun!
my dad is still listening to a tape of my mum's voice every bedtime. she sings 'glorious mud', 'bring me sunshine', then reads a story she'd written.

he looks fun!
my dad is still listening to a tape of my mum's voice every bedtime. she sings 'glorious mud', 'bring me sunshine', then reads a story she'd written.

He was a nut :lol: Whenever Dad visited me he would sit outside and talk to the rabbits. One time he held such a long conversation with one that it annoyed the neighbours so much they went indoors :roll:

That sounds so sweet :)

He was 54 when he died. I believe this is just a few months before he found out he had cancer

Thanks Jack's Jane

Same age as me. I am sure you must miss him a lot. I am glad you have some recording of his voice. That is the one thing I really wish I had of my late Mum.

What a precious thing to have found

Dads are special :love:

Absolutely this!!!!.. I lost my Dad too and found an old video of when he appeared on a TV show, it was magical... I really understand your feelings

Lots of love
Fee xxx

It's lovely that you found the clip, I have some of my dad playing with my nieces & nephew, sometimes it's just his voice & their reaction but it makes him seem closer :love:

I had my dads answer phone message recorded onto disc as my mum couldn't bear hearing his voice. I still like it, sometimes it feels like I could leave a message & he'd call back!

Back