• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jackaroonie?

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
Have not seen you for a few days and am hoping you are okay. I know Flopsy has been struggling so I'm hoping no news is good news?
Thinking of you. xxxxxxx

Hello Mimzmum :wave:

I've not been on RU very much recently as I have been feeling quite down :(.
Flopsy is still with us and is giving it all the fight he can. He's such a strong and brave rabbit. His determination to keep on fighting is extraordinary. We have been able to maintain Flopsy's weight and he has remained at 1.54kg the past couple of weeks - although it has fluctuated up/down in that time.

He unfortunately now has a sore hock which I expect is as a result of sitting in the run (on the concrete slabs/paving) and also his arthritis. He seems to bear more weight on this particular hind hock. So we are currently treating it with sudocrem - hopefully it should heal quickly. I've also put newspaper and hay all over the base of the run. Lily (Flopsy's partner) is loving the hay everywhere!

I'll try and upload some photos and add an update later day (if there's time/I remember). I am currently on my phone so I hope there aren't any typos.

I'm finding it really hard at the moment - knowing what to do in the best interests of Flopsy. He really is pretty frail and poorly. It isn't easy watching him deteriorate and at times I question whether it's time to say goodbye. I don't like the decision being on me. He has up and down days so it's hard to know if he's had enough - every day is different. Just have to take each day as it comes. I know that he can't get better but there's a small chance of him stabilising. Although things are looking quite bleak at the moment.

Thanks for thinking of us :wave: it's currently 04:27am so I better go to sleep! Night!x

Last edited:
I'm sorry Jack. :( I know it's got to be so very difficult right now. :(
Is Flopsy a fabric chewer? I have Pip on a memory foam bath mat that was just sitting in my towel closet not being used, she had a pretty bad corn on her heel. It seems to have done her a world of good. Perhaps you could try something like that for him to sit on so he's more comfy?
I'm continuing to send vibes and prayers for you and Flopsy. I wish there was more I could do. xxxx

Back