• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Maggie

Introducing Maggie, she is a Dwarf Lop and is nearly 9 weeks old. Once she has grown up and we can neuter her, we plan on bonding her to Hershel as he is on his own.

We got her from a friend who owns a Bird of Prey centre and is the full little sister to George and Harry.
She is currently living in my bedroom in a 4x4ft puppy pen which is big enough at the moment. I spent last weekend bunny proofing my bedroom so I plan on free ranging her once she has settled in.

She is doing marvellous at the moment especially litter training, some stray poops but her wee's have all been in the litter tray, it has just come naturally to her.

I've got her booked into the vets for friday for her myxi vaccinations and health check.

P1060769.jpg

P1060775.jpg

I think baby dwarf lops may just be the cutest creatures on this planet. Good lord how I want to snuggle her.

Thanks everyone, she doing really well and her personality is starting to show through now she is settled. I am also slowing swapping her over to Science Selective Junior food and she loves her hay.

Although I think I did the wrong thing yesterday. I allowed her to have some free range time around the bedroom. It was funny watching her creep out of the pen, she would plant her back feet and creep forward and be at full stretch. Once she was happy and deemed the area safe, she would hop forward.

Obviously she loved free ranging and when I put her back in the pen, she really let me know it. Rattling the bars of the pen and also she tried to put her head through them. So I've had to baby proof all around the bottom of the pen with a cardboard box. She spent all night rattling the bars and chewing on cardboard, so I ended up putting my pet carrier in the pen up against the area she was rattling. I was pretty tired this morning but couldn't stay mad with her. :love: :lol: :love:

We've been to the Vets for her health check and vaccination tonight. I saw the new exotics vet who I was very impressed with, certainly seemed to know his stuff.
We were in the consultation room for nearly 15 minutes having a good chat about her and he give her a thorough check over, heart okay, good gut noises, teeth okay, sexed her (definitely a girl - yay!). He is also happy to spay her at 4 months old as long as she has developed/grown enough.

She was really good whilst being examined, didn't really struggle or try to hop away, but I think she's glad to be home.

P1060791.jpg

P1060795.jpg

Back