• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Struggling to cope without DM

TD86

Alpha Buck
I still can't believe she's not here :cry:

I see an open grassy field and think about how she'd probably demolish it within an hour being the greedy rabbit that she was. I don't get cuddles from her when I come home from work or when I leave in the morning. I constantly think I see her in the garden and then realise it's Penfold at a certain angle with her grey/brown fur but only seem to see the brown fur.

I just miss her so much :(

Penfold has always been very rabbity instead of human orientated so I'm even struggling to connect with her again without her friend :(

I've never lost a pet (or a person for that matter) before. Does this horrible feeling ever go away like you miss someone, but you also feel like you've let them down? :cry:

Oh TD, I'm so sorry. :( Grief can be so overwhelming at times. (((((((((Huge hugs)))))))
I think it really depends on the person. I've said farewell to more than a few animals over my lifetime and it never gets any easier to my way of thinking. That empty space afterwards where we bargain, question and equviocate seems neverending.
My firmest example is my bridge dog, Shadow, whom I've spoken of often here. It's been over four years since he passed and, while now I can think of him most times without disolving in tears, there is still an ache. I think when you love someone so very much it is the scar you bear. But scars fade and sometimes you can look at them without feeling so much sadness.

My heart breaks for you and Penfold. Though she may be a rabbit's rabbit I'm sure she is feeling the loss of Dangermouse as you are. Hopefully in some way you can connect and help each other through this. But know that RU is also here to lend you a shoulder to lean on because we've all been there.
((((((((More hugs))))))) to you. xxxxxxxx

I'm so sorry to hear this. I suppose the acute grief fades with time but it never truly goes in my view; it's just the memories start to focus on the fond ones.

I wont lie and say that time heals. For some people it may, but for some of us time simply passes and we have to try to do our best each day to keep going without our soulmate by our side in their physical form. To tell you it does get easier would be unfair because grief is a very personal journey; others make the journey but we all follow our own unique path.

I am sorry if this reads as a negative message, it is not my intention to transpose my situation onto anyone else. I guess what I am trying to say is that for some of us all we can do is try to manage as best we can one day at a time. Sometimes one minute at a time.

((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))) xx

Sorry you lost your friend :(. Greif is a hole that can never be filled, but eventually you learn to walk around the edges and only sometimes fall in
*hugs*

I wont lie and say that time heals. For some people it may, but for some of us time simply passes and we have to try to do our best each day to keep going without our soulmate by our side in their physical form. To tell you it does get easier would be unfair because grief is a very personal journey; others make the journey but we all follow our own unique path.

I am sorry if this reads as a negative message, it is not my intention to transpose my situation onto anyone else. I guess what I am trying to say is that for some of us all we can do is try to manage as best we can one day at a time. Sometimes one minute at a time.

((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))) xx

Sorry you lost your friend :(. Greif is a hole that can never be filled, but eventually you learn to walk around the edges and only sometimes fall in
*hugs*

Thanks all for your support (and especially JJ for honesty). It's so hard at the moment and I'm trying to be strong for OH who also keeps crying (I guess I have that "must not cry" to support others thing going on) when all I want to do is sit in a corner somewhere private and cry :cry:

Back