• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

good grooming brush recommendation

icklepxy

Alpha Buck
:wave: I was wondering if someone could please recommend a good grooming brush for me? Hugh is blowing his coat in a big bad way. He has nothing but undercoat on his back now and looks like a mad professor with his hair all tufty at the sides. He doesn't really like to be combed for prolonged periods, I think it tickles because he'll suddenly spring up into a binky and dart off, looking at me like I've committed some sort of deeply offensive crime.

We have the Options grooming set with the double sided comb, the slicker brush and the bristle brush. the double sided comb so far does the best job (although a lot of his grooming at the moment is me pulling bits out in big tufts) but it's so small, and I was wondering if there was anything more effective out there for this kind of massive shedding? Neither one of us is enjoying the HOURS we're spending pulling hair off of him so if there was something quicker we'd both be very grateful!

I think zoom grooms are normally quite good - they look a bit useless but they definitely get the moult off :)

Back