• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hio newbie here

bertie101

New Kit
hi have a doe as been told by breeder approx 12 weeks we had her alone till today since 8weeks
introduce another female 8weeks old to the sizeable run
since 2nd rabbit arrived first rabbit has been "humping" her from behind, from side, from front have checked as far as can tell both females is this norm or have i been lied to by 1 breeder or the other?? advise please

It is the norm as humping is a way of determining who is the boss of the territory. Just be careful it doesn't cause injuries.
I'd also take them to a rabbit savvy vet to doublecheck as young rabbits can be difficult to sex and mistakes do happen.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

many thanks

they just chasing each other now round and round the hutch and run hope they get tired soon as i getting dizzy lol

Bless them. Hope they get tired soon :D
Just for info, the best way to introduce rabbits to each other is in a small space neither have been in before. Lots of tips in the bonding section on here :wave:

Back