• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freddie's new abode U/D Or not !!!

luna

Mama Doe
So after a week of freddie being inside I have moved him outside where he will have more space until he can be bonded with rosie.

He now has a 6x4 ft wendy house with 24 hr access to a 4x4 run. I am aware his run should be larger but as I said it is only temporary and he will get free range time in the garden every day :) he is settling in well xx

y2udasuz.jpg

nubutuqu.jpg

nuregu7e.jpg

I am going to add a tunnel and a pot to the run area at the weekend :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
he kinda looks like he wants to be inside with you! :love:

I know ...I feel kinda guilty having him out there all on his own but all I could give him was a 4x3ft pen indoors with very little free range time . I hope he adjusts,he is such a sweetie !!! But yeah, he keeps running to the door every time I come out to the garden and staring at me xx

Aw he looks tiny in there :lol: :love: Looks great :thumb: I'm sure he'll adapt fine to being outside, I had Heidi indoors to start with but she had no issues adjusting to being an outdoor bun :wave:

Aw he looks tiny in there :lol: :love: Looks great :thumb: I'm sure he'll adapt fine to being outside, I had Heidi indoors to start with but she had no issues adjusting to being an outdoor bun :wave:

Thanks ... I really hope so :) I can go out and sit with him in the wendy house at least xx

Aww look at him staring out of the door in the first picture! 'Mummy where are you going?' :lol:

It looks really nice (I like his Ikea hay rack!) :love:

Awww. He looks as gorgeous as ever.

The mesh on his wendy house looks like chicken wire (?) this can be bitten through by rabbits and by preditors. Weld mesh (16g or 19g) is best.

Bet you cant wait til they are bonded (fingers crossed).

So that lasted all of about two hours :/

3ujyny9a.jpg

qasamyhy.jpg

y6ezamy5.jpg

I'm hopeless. Lol !!!

That wee face melted your cold heart... Imagine putting that wee furry blob out in that big cold shed (even though it does look fab!!!).. You are wicked!,!

Glad he came back in though... Looks far happier.. Bet you are too!!

Fee x

:thumb::thumb::thumb::love::love:

and the chicken wire needs replacing f you put him back out (who could?????) - either a rabbit or a fox or dog could quickly chew through that - you need much stronger thicker welded mesh.

Chicken wire is just as it says - to keep chickens in - and they do not have teeth or claws.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::love::love:

and the chicken wire needs replacing f you put him back out (who could?????) - either a rabbit or a fox or dog could quickly chew through that - you need much stronger thicker welded mesh.

Chicken wire is just as it says - to keep chickens in - and they do not have teeth or claws.

We don't get foxes this part of Dublin and that is the internal door. The actual door is solid wood with a padlock :)

Well if you are keeping him inside that means you need to get two more bunnies to fill your outside place...hehe.

Well if you are keeping him inside that means you need to get two more bunnies to fill your outside place...hehe.

Lol ... Don't think I could handle 4 bunnies :/

We are putting freddie outside in the day time and bringing him in after dinner. That way he still gets the space but also our company because we spend a lot of time in the garden and he gets cuddles when he comes inside and some free range time too.

When he went out this morning he started binkying. We can probably only do this for another 4 weeks or whenever it starts to get cold and then he will be inside permanently.

Back