• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snuggle safe query

Pets mum

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks, just a quick query please. I'm thinking of buying a couple of snuggle safe for my 2 (it was so cold up here last night, my thoughts are turning to winter already !) first query, can bunnies bite through them ? secondly query, I seem to remember someone advertising wooden covers on the forum, but I can't find the post, any help or advise appreciated, thanks :wave:

Hi folks, just a quick query please. I'm thinking of buying a couple of snuggle safe for my 2 (it was so cold up here last night, my thoughts are turning to winter already !) first query, can bunnies bite through them ? secondly query, I seem to remember someone advertising wooden covers on the forum, but I can't find the post, any help or advise appreciated, thanks :wave:

I've not heard of bunnies biting through them before, they are pretty tough. They come with a fleecy cover which bunnies might chew. As far as I know the stuff inside the plastic is non toxic so even if they did manage to chew into them i think they would be ok!

Thank you EBM, just been looking at reviews on Amazon, some give 5 stars some only 1, might just buy one and try that before committing to two.

My four have them and love them. Two are terrible chewers but don't touch the snuggle safe in any way, not even the fleece cover which is strange but they just love to lay on them to keep cosy and warm!

I've used them since they were first launched and never had any bun bite through them.

My relatives all have them too - but for use as hot water bottles because they stay warm for so long. At about £20 each, they're brilliant and some of mine have lasted for 10 years. I wouldn't be without them - nor would the buns!

Back