• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

May have just lost my temper slightly...

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
I hate people sometimes.

This will be my last rant post about these people I promise :roll:

Just went onto Facebook to see someone selling this:

This was what they had put in the comments:

''Small indoor cage suitable for hamster/guinea pig/rabbit I COULD SCREAM! ITS A HAMSTER CAGE :evil::evil::evil:

I put a very polite comment underneath saying:

''Just a little note for you, this cage isn't really big enough to put a rabbit or guinea pig in, its
got a picture of a hamster on the front so I'm sure its made for hamsters and not rabbits or guinea pigs. Please
don't put a rabbit or a guinea pig in this they wouldn't have much room at all, thank you''

I wanted to say things a lot stronger but then, the worst part, whoever had advertised this then decided to
take off the ''rabbit'' from the end of the advertisement and deny that they had ever advertised it as a
rabbit cage! Trying to make me look like an idoit, also I got told to ''mind my own business'' which doesn't affect
me any more I've heard it so many times....Personally I wouldn't even put a hamster in this but it would be complete
and utter cruelty to force anything else to live in this....

But SERIOUSLY, advertising a HAMSTER CAGE as an indoor rabbit/guinea pig enclosure?

I got annoyed and sent a message back after being told ''I didn't advertise it as a rabbit cage and to mind my own business'' saying basically:
''This is a HAMSTER cage!? There is a picture of a hamster on the front of it! What on earth makes you think its suitable to put a guinea pig or a rabbit (as you had previously advertised) inside, it would be nothing but utter animal cruelty to let anything bigger than a mouse live inside this!''

I feel sick. I'm seriously thinking about coming off Facebook all together.

:cry:

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I think you're being a little bit unreasonable. They've taken rabbit off the end so they had listened and changed the advert. I don't really think it was very constructive to keep messaging after that. Even if they denied calling it a rabbit cage at least they did what you asked which is more than most advertisers!

I'm sorry but I think you're being a little bit unreasonable. They've taken rabbit off the end so they had listened and changed the advert. I don't really think it was very constructive to keep messaging after that. Even if they denied calling it a rabbit cage at least they did what you asked which is more than most advertisers!

I lost my temper because they removed it and then denied they had ever advertised it as a rabbit cage, which made me look like an idiot...

Also they still had ''guinea pig'' on the end, so I didn't want any guinea pigs going into it, if they had just taken the ''rabbit'' off the end that probably would have been enough (although it wouldn't really but I probably wouldn't have said anything else)

...but to deny completely that they had done it and then still think it was OK to keep a guinea pig in that?

I think we are missing the point of it being a hamster cage...

I lost my temper because they removed it and then denied they had ever advertised it as a rabbit cage, which made me look like an idiot...

Also they still had ''guinea pig'' on the end, so I didn't want any guinea pigs going into it, if they had just taken the ''rabbit'' off the end that probably would have been enough (although it wouldn't really but I probably wouldn't have said anything else)

...but to deny completely that they had done it and then still think it was OK to keep a guinea pig in that?

I think we are missing the point of it being a hamster cage...

Oh no, I'm not missing the point it's a horrible cage, but I do still think they took steps to change it and you should probably just be happy with that. A lot of people would have just told you to f off. You can always edit your comment too so as not to look an idiot, if that worries you, but to be honest everyone knows people delete comments so I doubt you look like one!

Oh no, I'm not missing the point it's a horrible cage, but I do still think they took steps to change it and you should probably just be happy with that. A lot of people would have just told you to f off. You can always edit your comment too so as not to look an idiot, if that worries you, but to be honest everyone knows people delete comments so I doubt you look like one!

You're probably right my annoyance was probably more to do with being made to look like a complete liar than the cage.

Although I was furious about the cage...I'm not even sure a rabbit could sit normally in a cage like that? I don't think a guinea pig would be very comfortable either....

I don't know. I think I need to go home and take a bubble bath.

Back