• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Show me your Border Collies!!!

chloeturner

Warren Veteran
I have recently taken on a now 10 week old Xena (any puppy chewing/mouthing/housetraining tips or anything else you can think of would be great added to this thread also :thumb: I've never had a pup!) and have always loved collies, I wanted a dog I could walk miles with seeing as I have the time to do it, so here she is.

And here is my Poppy (for those who don't know she was PTS 2 weeks ago :() a collie cross..

And Poppy with my OHs border collie

This was my beautiful girl. :love:

We took her to a professional pet photographer and this was the first shot - poser that she was. :love:

P1040740.jpg

Floofy white chest :love: what was her name?

Bonny. She was named after the Blue Peter Bonny. :lol:

I chose her because of her one white paw and one black paw :love: I got her at 6 years old. I had begged my parents for a dog for months but they said as they had me and my 4 year old sister it would be like having another child. Unfortunately I wouldn't give up and in a bid to shut me up my dad said ' oh flippin' heck if you are good for 16 weeks you can have one...' Thinking I would fail. I got my calendar out and began ticking off the days! I did it! :lol: My dad said to people he couldn't go back on his word, what would that teach me... We got her and she went everywhere with us. We would go on caravan holidays several times a year and she always came with us. We had her 16 years and my dad balled his eyes out when she passed - said she was the best £15 ( in 1986) he ever spent. :love::love::love::love::love:

Last edited:
This was my beautiful girl Lily, she was my soulmate and we lost her last year, I miss her so much she was a wonderful dog.

133161086.jpg

Bonny. She was named after the Blue Peter Bonny. :lol:

I chose her because of her one white paw and one black paw :love: I got her at 6 years old. I had begged my parents for a dog for months but they said as they had me and my 4 year old sister it would be like having another child. Unfortunately I wouldn't give up and in a bid to shut me up my dad said ' oh flippin' heck if you are good for 16 weeks you can have one...' Thinking I would fail. I got my calendar out and began ticking off the days! I did it! :lol: My dad said to people he couldn't go back on his word, what would that teach me... We got her and she went everywhere with us. We would go on caravan holidays several times a year and she always came with us. We had her 16 years and my dad balled his eyes out when she passed - said she was the best £15 ( in 1986) he ever spent. :love::love::love::love::love:

Bless him, £15 :shock: :love::love: great story :D xx

These aren't really my dogs, they're my Aunties, but i'm going to post them anyway :lol:
She's always had border collies, this is me and Ben who I grew up with, he was my soul dog/prince:
ben2_zps5c50c21f.jpg

Then she got Morvah when Ben was a bit older, she was lovely and loved being fussed, she could never bring a ball to you though, only half way :lol:
she also used to sulk when me and my dad went home.
cropped4.jpg

Now she has Mani:
Mani2_zpsba1b2e41.jpg

And Lucky who's such a sweet girl, she's tiny too:
lucky1_zps136d646d.jpg

How many do you want? :lol::lol:

Here's Bryn...........

and here's Meggie........

and both together.............

Ebon is a strange mix; we were told she was Dachshund/Pomeranian and Husky (How??) but I think she's Corgi/Border Collie. She certainly has the energy for it! :shock:

As a puppy
Ebon%25202-24-12%2520a.jpg

feb%252014%25202013%2520002.JPG

Full grown (and somehow keeps getting wider despite being on a diet :( )

ebon%25202.jpg

ebon%25203.jpg

ebon%25204.jpg

I love this thread! My friends at work just got a border collie pup he is such a cutie!

Back