• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Required - Urgent

Charlotte333

Warren Scout
Hi Everyone

Does anyone know of anywhere which does long term boarding for Rabbits? I now live in Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire.

5 weeks ago I had my first baby Lucy and moved two weeks ago (very bad timing). I'm feeling very ill at the moment.

The reason for the post is that I can't cope with my two single rabbits at the moment and their accommodation isn't appropriate due the move as their hutches are too big to fit in the garden so are living in the garage. I've got Bailey (male) who is 5 years old and Sooty (male) who is 8 years old with a cataract in one eye. My family and husband are helping but they don't understand animals. I'm also trying to settle my three cats into the house.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time at the moment. I don't know of any long term boarding facilities in and around Aylesbury but didn't want to read and run. Boarding could be expensive long term. Have you considered a pet-sitter coming to the house each day to help you out? Even if they just did clean-outs etc, it might free up more of your time.

I think any boarding place would be prepared to have a rabbit stay long-term but at this time of year you will probably struggle to get them a place at a decent one before september, although that's only 2 weeks away.

I'd google rabbit boarding and your area and see which ones pop up.

Hiya! Congratulations on the birth of your daughter :). I'm sorry you're having a tough time at the moment though. The only ones I can think of who are great and who might be able to help over your side of london are the rabbit crossing (the duchess on here), the little warrens or winnersh warren, all sort of vaguely in the Reading/north Hampshire ballpark. Or The rabbit residence in Hertfordshire might be able to help, several years back when the rescue was smaller, mine were there for about 2 months while we sorted out our house and moved. Might be worth getting in touch with any of those to see if they are able to help with long term boarding. It's possible they might not because of accommodation already booked for others, but if you don't ask, you don't know!

Hope you manage to sort something x x

Hi.Have you tried RabbitRitz on Wendover road in Aylesbury?The lady there,Karen runs a boarding/ rescue place for rabbits.She has little shalets in the garden for indoor buns or lovely hutch/run set ups for outdoor bunnies.Shes usually very busy but has lots of space so may be able to fit your bunnies in.

Back