• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soft toys

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Im thinking of getting a soft toy for Heidi to snuggle (or hump :oops:) whilst she's separated but as I've never given any of the bunnies soft toys before just wanted to check what kind to look out for? I will avoid the ones with beans in but should I also avoid ones with plastic eyes? And does it matter what the fur is like, should it not be too long/fluffy?! I know lots of people on here do give them but I'm a bit nervous about the safety aspect! I don't think she's a chewer, more a digger/scratcher. Might go for a little gander in the charity shops!

My bunnies have cuddly toys, I always give them rabbit toys, (as in children cuddly animals that are rabbits) I go for one with no plastic eyes or noses (baby toys are good because they are made baby proof, so nothing they could pull off and chew) , short fur so they don't feel like chewing it, and if possible a shirt or a bow in hopes that the bunny will do this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iKQqYCBQPs

:D

My bunnies have cuddly toys, I always give them rabbit toys, (as in children cuddly animals that are rabbits) I go for one with no plastic eyes or noses (baby toys are good because they are made baby proof, so nothing they could pull off and chew) , short fur so they don't feel like chewing it, and if possible a shirt or a bow in hopes that the bunny will do this!

:lol: Aw that bunnies adorable :love: Thanks for the tips, off to the shops now :D

Poppy has several pals- plastic eyes, long fur, short fur, bows, ribbon, collars etc, but she has no teeth so.. :lol:

Charley, Leo and Kerbie have toys too but Charley is the only one who has had a nibble of them. Probably to size them up but because after an initial bit of ear munching she grooms them for ages. She has a little bunny toy with plastic eyes and fuzzy tail.

Meet Ted (totally original name, I know :lol:)...

He's ready to give his heart to Heidi, just letting him settle in a while before I introduce them... :lol:

That is adorable :love: Poppy has a Ted, Teddy, Bear, Stanley, Polar, Pinkie, Baby, Tiny and Benji... I name them all :oops: apart from Benji who came with a collar and name :p

Going to remove the ribbon and heart but it should he pretty safe, there's no beans in it and no plastic bits and it's got really floppy legs so thought it might be good for snuggling into :oops:

My buns have a little toy rabbit that mostly lives in their "bedroom", except for when they push it down the ramp . . . or take it for a walk in their run. :roll: :lol:

Fergie has 2 cuddly toys which he loves more than anything :) they're actually dog toys from pets at home with the squeaker taken out (then lovingly stitched up)!

We have a donut and a burger :) they were the most basic £2 toys ever but he loves them :)

We did try with a thumper disney toy from the baby range but he couldn't get on with him so we went back to food related cuddles :)

35anpz9.jpg

Cuddling burger! Excuse the mess it was pre-tidy up time!

Since having to seperate two of my bunnies for health reasons they both have cuddly toys which we swap between the pair of rabbits so they still smell each other and both seem happy snuggling up to their new companions. We often find alex snoozing with her head resting on the back of her teddy bunny companion where as gizmo seems to like digging at his or grooming it.... But as he has no teeth he ain't doing damage :)

This bunny is sooo cute ❤️
Tilly has a stuffed rabbit teddy don't know wether you know of miffy the little white rabbit from children's books well it was scanning up at the wrong price at work so I got it her to see how she is with it she hasn't ripped it or anything I have seen her lick it which was cute ha best 1p iv spent ha ha

Back