• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've had a brainwave!!

tashp90

Warren Veteran
I've always hated the fact that Marble spends the majority of the time alone. I obviously spend more time in the living room (naturally) I do come into the bedroom and fuss her, and talk to her, but it's difficult to spend long periods sat on the floor with her.

So I've had a brainwave! I'm thinking of putting Marble in the living room, and Maizie and Daisy in the bedroom. Maizie and Daisy have each other, and aren't really bothered about having my company (as long as I feed them), but being a lone bun, Marble and I obviously have and strong bond.

So there's my plan for the weekend! attempt to completely clean both rooms, and swap the buns over!

Sounds like a plan ! :lol: hope the change over goes well, bet Marble will be well chuffed to get on the sofa with you and watch telly :lol:

Bunny removal service required? Hope they all like their new homes :)
I think so :lol:
Thank you, I hope so too, I'm sure they'll be fine though :D
Sounds like a plan ! :lol: hope the change over goes well, bet Marble will be well chuffed to get on the sofa with you and watch telly :lol:
That's what I'm thinking :lol: She'll get more cuddles, and have more space, I think she'll love it! The other two aren't as destructive so they'll love being able to go under the bed!

Sounds like a good plan, but I'm not sure it's wise to swap territories whilst Marble has EC?

Sounds like a good plan, but I'm not sure it's wise to swap territories whilst Marble has EC?
This has crossed my mind too, but I thought it should be ok as the other 2 are being treated as a precaution anyway, and I'll have to clean/scrub both rooms before they swap.

I'm not 100% sure though?

This has crossed my mind too, but I thought it should be ok as the other 2 are being treated as a precaution anyway, and I'll have to clean/scrub both rooms before they swap.

I'm not 100% sure though?

Well I've not had to deal with it myself, so I'm not sure at all, and I'm well known for being paranoid :roll::lol: but I thought it was worth checking out to be sure. Maybe start a thread asking the question and hopefully someone who knows will be able to answer :thumb:

Well I've not had to deal with it myself, so I'm not sure at all, and I'm well known for being paranoid :roll::lol: but I thought it was worth checking out to be sure. Maybe start a thread asking the question and hopefully someone who knows will be able to answer :thumb:
Good idea, and best to check. Thanks :)

I would not worry about it. Over half of all rabbits carry EC and you are treating them all at the same time.

Were you not thinking of bonding them all at some stage anyway?

I would be more concerned about poops being done in the new areas .. but if you disinfect/ steam or whatever, then that may not be a problem :D

I would not worry about it. Over half of all rabbits carry EC and you are treating them all at the same time.

Were you not thinking of bonding them all at some stage anyway?

I would be more concerned about poops being done in the new areas .. but if you disinfect/ steam or whatever, then that may not be a problem :D

I'm still toying with the idea of bonding them.
I'm torn between getting Marble a husbun, or bonding into a trio.
I'm not confident bonding myself, and I'm pretty nervous about Maizie and Daisy's bond breaking down. They had a couple of dates, and although nothing major happened, I'm just not sure what to do for the best!

I'll disinfect both rooms before swapping them over so they should be fine. A few stray poops don't bother me, Maizie and Daisy have started pooping everywhere anyway :roll:

I'm still toying with the idea of bonding them.
I'm torn between getting Marble a husbun, or bonding into a trio.
I'm not confident bonding myself, and I'm pretty nervous about Maizie and Daisy's bond breaking down. They had a couple of dates, and although nothing major happened, I'm just not sure what to do for the best!

I'll disinfect both rooms before swapping them over so they should be fine. A few stray poops don't bother me, Maizie and Daisy have started pooping everywhere anyway :roll:

Gawd that's such a chore, I hate it when that happens. Poo city :shock::roll:

Oh it came back positive so ? Sorry I don't go in the health section so missed this :/

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

As long as all areas can be either bleach cleaned or steam cleaned before every swap it should be OK. It is not something I would do, purely because I am OTT with neurosis when it comes to potentials of cross infection. Having had large numbers of Rabbits at the same time over many years I have developed a routine of managing situations where-by a potential of cross infection may occur and not sharing exercise areas/accommodation areas is one of them. I am not saying my way is 'right' and that people who choose to do it differently are wrong. It is just that swapping them over all the time is not something I would do in a situation similar to yours.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

As long as all areas can be either bleach cleaned or steam cleaned before every swap it should be OK. It is not something I would do, purely because I am OTT with neurosis when it comes to potentials of cross infection. Having had large numbers of Rabbits at the same time over many years I have developed a routine of managing situations where-by a potential of cross infection may occur and not sharing exercise areas/accommodation areas is one of them. I am not saying my way is 'right' and that people who choose to do it differently are wrong. It is just that swapping them over all the time is not something I would do in a situation similar to yours.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

All 3 are being treated with panacur, and I'll be steam cleaning/bleaching both rooms before they swap.

It'll only be a one time swap, I just think it will be better for Marble. It won't be happening this weekend now, I'm going to book them into boarding for a few days so I can devote my time to completely cleaning everything.
Are you still going through with your plan? xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
I will be, just not this weekend. I'm going to book them into boarding for a few days to give me chance to completely clean everything and both rooms. I'm also going to take the opportunity to move my bedroom around.

It sounds like you have put a lot of thought into their new arrangement.

A nice buck for Marble would be my plan ...

Back