• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Typical !!!

luna

Mama Doe
So as some of you know, I got the lovely Freddie on Monday as a future husbun for our lovely Rosie :) I had spent about six weeks prior to this looking out for neutered males in both rescues and on free ads but had no luck. I posted a wanted ad on gumtree in the hopes that I would find a neutered male that way too but didn't hear anything back. i had actually forgotten all about the ad when I got contacted yesterday by someone who is leaving the country and has an 11 month old buck that she really wants to find a good home for before she leaves. He is a free range house bun, eats burges, lots of hay, is good with toileting and apparently not destructive. He is NOT neutered but she said that she would get it done if she knew he was going to a really good home and asked me for the details of a good rabbit vet. I feel so confused.

Obviously i have Freddie now and he is here to stay but in a way I wish she had contacted me last week because I would only have to wait 6 weeks with this bun before starting intro's and now I have to wait 3 months. When she sent me the pic of her bun I felt like in some way this bun was meant to find its way to me. He is gorgeous and now I am toying with the idea of taking him on and trying to bond a trio :shock::shock::shock:

Please someone talk me out of this and tell me I am being very stupid. Here is his pic :love::love::love:

ATT_1408100765966_DSC_0570.jpg

I know isn't he ? And he has that lovely magpie harlequin colouring !!! But I think it would be a terrible Idea to have 3 bunnies :(

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

I have 3...;)

I know but I do feel I'm at my limit with my workload and Dylan etc. It breaks my heart but I'm going to have to tell her no. I feel like I've lead her on now :(

Because I would lose my marbles.lol :)

:lol: I think I probably lost mine a while ago :lol: I would just say to the lady that you forgot to take down the ad, and explain that you've already got a bunny :thumb:

Do I sense a trio? :lol:

No ... As much as he sounds great and looks absolutely stunning , I know my limit and it's 2 bunnies at the absolute most. I just told the lady I can't take him.

I am so so disappointed :(

No ... As much as he sounds great and looks absolutely stunning , I know my limit and it's 2 bunnies at the absolute most. I just told the lady I can't take him.

I am so so disappointed :(

Dont feel disappointed, im sure she will find him a good home x

The exact same thing happened to me about a month ago.

I was looking for a placid female to bond with my very bouncy Tigger. Someone on here knew of a bun needing a home and we adopted "her". Turned out it was a very hormonal male! Took Baxter to the vets for a check up pre-neuter and they asked me if I could home a female that had been handed in as a stray! Even worse it was found in the car park of a place I used to work :shock:

I just read that he was fed burgers :shock: reread and its burgess :lol: He's very cute but I guess there's a chance you could end up with 3 single buns or having to get another friend if one of the 3 doesn't bond with the others.

:love:.. Oooh lovely indeed but I think if you know your limits and stick to it, its the right decision...

I'm sure he'll find a lovely hime with a wee face like that!

Lol ... burgers, could you imagine !!! Sorry meant to say burgess . I was really impressed. The majority of rabbits in Ireland are still on muesli :/ xx

Back