• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your house rabbits....

newbabybuns

Warren Veteran
....eat when you do??

At first I thought it was a coincidence, but when someone is sat at the at the dining table next to Lola's pen she goes off and starts eating from her bowl too. This is at both lunch and dinner times. Since the kids have been off school I have noticed it happening pretty much every meal time (I usually eat in the living room but they eat at the table) Yesterday she didn't have any pellets in her bowl at lunch time, so she went and sat squashed up next to it waiting for some.

Is it possible she has learnt that what we are doing is eating so she joins in? It certainly seems it to me.

Yes, because if I don't give him some forage/readigrass or pellets before we eat, Boots mugs us trying to get our food :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: clever Boots!!

Lola is so funny. The other day she 'told' me she wanted pellets as she went and sat with her head in the bowl :lol: I tried to get a pic but she jumped up and had to make do with hay :lol: she also shreds newspaper and puts it in the bowl :lol:

:lol: Boots picks his food dish up in his mouth and throws it around when it's empty :lol:

Fergie knows that pellets come from the egg cup, so when he's hungry he picks the egg cup up and drops it in his bowl (then looks horrified no pellets came out)
I feed him before myself or I feel guilty, and he turns into a grump :)

Mine don't tend to. They don't like it when I cook so they go and sit in a corner in a grump until I'm done!

I'd never noticed!

However when Neo's eating hay in his box, and he hears my phone ring/someone on loudspeaker he runs out with the strand of hay as if to say "Iz it an nemergencee?! Iz I reqyred?!"

:lol::lol::lol:

Back