• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Marble has EC - update 18/9

tashp90

Warren Veteran
We were referred to high Croft in Bristol, and had our appointment on Monday. They took more blood to test for EC, results have come back today - positive. Have to pick up 28 days worth of panacur from my vets for all 3 girls.

Last edited:
:(
Hope you caught it quickly and they all make a full recovery xxx
Thank you.
The only symptom she's had is excessive drinking/urinating. Bloods to check her kidney/liver function were all clear. The other 2 haven't shown any signs, BT being treated as a precaution

Tried to post on FB but not sure it went through.

You might find it cheaper to buy online, and maybe cheaper to get the 10% liquid as its multiple buns.

You need to bleach clean everything you can on days 21 and 28. This is a bit more difficult for house bunnies. Steam cleaning also works.

Id also wash any blankets on as high a temp as possible.

They can re-infect themselves from hay if they wee on it so may be best not to use in litter trays for the meantime if that's what you normally do.

If you use a dustpan, might be best to get one per group.

:love:.. Sending get well vibes for Marble xxxx
Thank you x

Tried to post on FB but not sure it went through.

You might find it cheaper to buy online, and maybe cheaper to get the 10% liquid as its multiple buns.

You need to bleach clean everything you can on days 21 and 28. This is a bit more difficult for house bunnies. Steam cleaning also works.

Id also wash any blankets on as high a temp as possible.

They can re-infect themselves from hay if they wee on it so may be best not to use in litter trays for the meantime if that's what you normally do.

If you use a dustpan, might be best to get one per group.

Facebook is playing up for me too.

Thanks for all the tips :wave:

I can pop them in their carriers for me to clean everything, and will put hay above litter trays rather than in them. Blankets etc are due to be washed this weekend so will do them on higher temp than normal.
I already use one dust pan per room so that's not a problem.

I'll see how much my vets are going to charge for the panacur before I order online, their prices are usually good in all honesty.

Hope marble makes a swift recovery!! She's lucky to have such a fast acting owner :)
What a quick referral too!

Hope marble makes a swift recovery!! She's lucky to have such a fast acting owner :)
What a quick referral too!
Thank you!
The referral was very quick! Had a call last Thursday/Friday and booked in for Monday!
My quick response to her drinking just shows how important it is to know your rabbits inside out!

:shock:

Poor Marble!

Lots of nose rubs and paws crossed for her here. :(

Thank you!
She's loving all the extra nose rubs ;)

I think I caught it early enough and before it does a lot of damage internally, her kidney and liver bloods were clear so it certainly hadn't started attacking them!

Back