• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Abandoned rabbit

georgiaanna

Young Bun
Hello everyone,
So yesterday my sisters friend who works at a school posted that she had found a bunny at the school. She put it on our local Facebook update page and asked if anybody knew who it belonged to, anyway I gave it abit then emailed her saying I was more than happy to look after him until owners were found. Anyway she said that was great and bought the rabbit round. The rabbit was saved by some builders in the morning as he was mid fox attack! Thank goodness he is not injured. Anyway his nails were seriously overgrown, I took him to the local groomers today to have his nails trimmed (they were so shocked) his nails were so overgrown they had grown up and outwards, anyway I am taking him to the vets next week, he is happy bouncing around my room eating fresh greens,hay and pellets, drinking okay, he's a very friendly boy (Yes Boy). Hopefully the owners will come forward but for the meantime he's safe with me x

Last edited:
Well done you ! He's a lovely little bun. If he's genuinely lost, I hope his owners locate him, if he's been abandoned then he deserves a nice forever home. Hope you have good luck either way-bless him x

with nails in that condition he is likely to be a very badly looked after bun (animals in the wild or strays are likely to wear down their nails so these nails have been left to grow in a hutch) and I personally would NOT give him back to anyone claiming him unless they can prove a much much higher level of care -also beware of fake claimants especially if there are images/descriptions of him up.

any owner worth their salt will be putting up posters themselves not waiting for someone else to find him and do the work

Well done you ! He's a lovely little bun. If he's genuinely lost, I hope his owners locate him, if he's been abandoned then he deserves a nice forever home. Hope you have good luck either way-bless him x

Thank you.! X he's in his cage sleeping as we speak lol x

with nails in that condition he is likely to be a very badly looked after bun (animals in the wild or strays are likely to wear down their nails so these nails have been left to grow in a hutch) and I personally would NOT give him back to anyone claiming him unless they can prove a much much higher level of care -also beware of fake claimants especially if there are images/descriptions of him up.

any owner worth their salt will be putting up posters themselves not waiting for someone else to find him and do the work

Hiya, I agree with you, he's a beautiful rabbit, why would someone dump him ? :( his nails were appalling. He was such A good boy at the groomers, it took a while for them to cut them because they were so long and curly, poor thing must have been so uncomfortable, it makes me a bit angry.

Back