• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone had a wagging tail bunny?

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
When Milo and Finn are together at the minute they are still quite hormonal. I only let them have maybe 15 minutes here and there whilst hormones are calming down. They are very good together just a little "horny" :lol:

I noticed tonight when they were having a little bit of time together, after lots of backwards and forwards grooming Finn tried to mount Milo and I let him for a second before gently pushing him off. After I did this Finn sniffed Milo all over and flicked his tail up and down several times!

Anyone know what this means? Is it a hormonal thing? It didn't seem aggressive but just in case I separated them for tonight.

I hope nobody judges me for putting the, together for small sessions before their hormones have calmed, they just are so well behaved together, they groom each other and lie together, it's only the humping that needs to stop a bit more first. X

When ever I've seen my buns waggle their little tails, it has seemed to be because they were really happy or excited about something. I always take it as a good sign. I've only seen stiff raised tails when a bun was acting aggressively. ETA: I suppose knowing if tail wagging was aggressive excitement or happy excitement, would probably depend on what other body language your bun is also showing at the time.

I don't know that there is anything wrong with letting them spend some time together, especially with them also showing good signs of grooming and cuddling, and as long as you are closely supervising and keeping an eye out for signs of irritation or aggression. I've done the same thing to kind of test where my buns hormone levels are at so I can see when I could in earnest begin bonding, and would just break up the humping before it might irritate the other bun.

Last edited:
A couple of mine wag their tails when they are excited because they know they are about to get fed, maybe it's just all the excitement?

I think it's usually aggressive or hormonal, however, Shadowfax wags her tail A LOT. Mainly at feeding time. She is the most placid bun ever and it is most definitely an excited thing rather than an aggressive thing. It is the funniest thing I've ever seen because she full on wags it like a dog whilst bouncing about and scoffing pellets. :lol: Fiver very occasionally does it when he's going to hump or lunge at one of the others. :roll:

Conti tails are really really long so it's funny when Hector wags his tail. It's usually when he's flopped out and happy. :)

Chestnut wags his tail a lot! For him its when he's happy/irritated. For example when I tell him to go out of the kitchen (they're not allowed in there) he'll back up and then turn around and waggle his tail like mad. Sometimes with added head binkies. He also does the slow tail flick when he's irritated but less excited. Aggression with all of mine looks different, with stiff tail straight out and long body and laid back ears (unless lopped, in which case they look slightly foreword I think, but it's been a long time!!)

Lexi wags her tail a lot at krypto.... Im hoping this will calm down once hormones have settled but then lexi dosnt like anything much :lol:

Back