PDA

View Full Version : Today my vet said

Sky-O
13-08-2014, 06:46 PM
'I really feel for you, they are all getting old and ill together...'

Which felt like quite a major thing to hear because we're both aware of it but to hear him say it made it sort of feel more real.

Yes, they are old, and yes, a clutch are related and yes, they are showing the same terminal issues and yes, now I have 13 rabbits who have life expectancy reducing or life ending conditions.

It's expected and I know it's coming but it feels real.

Within the next year, my 'rabbit landscape' will look so very different.

Jack's-Jane
13-08-2014, 06:57 PM
I recognise that scenario all too well :cry:

biscandmatt1
13-08-2014, 08:06 PM
:( sad to think about. x

Sky-O
13-08-2014, 08:07 PM
I recognise that scenario all too well :cry:

I know you do. :(

Jack's-Jane
13-08-2014, 08:19 PM
I know you do. :(

I wish I could say it gets easier, but that would be a lie :cry: I think just living in the moment is the only way to cope. Thinking of tomorrow, next week, next month can simply be too over-whelming xx

Fifibutton
13-08-2014, 08:31 PM
'I really feel for you, they are all getting old and ill together...'

Which felt like quite a major thing to hear because we're both aware of it but to hear him say it made it sort of feel more real.

Yes, they are old, and yes, a clutch are related and yes, they are showing the same terminal issues and yes, now I have 13 rabbits who have life expectancy reducing or life ending conditions.

It's expected and I know it's coming but it feels real.

Within the next year, my 'rabbit landscape' will look so very different.

Hugs x

Earlier this year I had a similar situation where four of them were all pretty elderly and I started to wonder. I always assumed the eldest (11 years) would be the first to suffer any age related health issues but he wasn't. The youngest of the oldies developed a thymoma and the other two boys were both revealed to have tumours. I had to have the three of them pts within a month of each other. So it was very hard and May was a time for grief and the rabbit landscape has changed significantly.