• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today my vet said

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
'I really feel for you, they are all getting old and ill together...'

Which felt like quite a major thing to hear because we're both aware of it but to hear him say it made it sort of feel more real.

Yes, they are old, and yes, a clutch are related and yes, they are showing the same terminal issues and yes, now I have 13 rabbits who have life expectancy reducing or life ending conditions.

It's expected and I know it's coming but it feels real.

Within the next year, my 'rabbit landscape' will look so very different.

'I really feel for you, they are all getting old and ill together...'

Which felt like quite a major thing to hear because we're both aware of it but to hear him say it made it sort of feel more real.

Yes, they are old, and yes, a clutch are related and yes, they are showing the same terminal issues and yes, now I have 13 rabbits who have life expectancy reducing or life ending conditions.

It's expected and I know it's coming but it feels real.

Within the next year, my 'rabbit landscape' will look so very different.

Hugs x

Earlier this year I had a similar situation where four of them were all pretty elderly and I started to wonder. I always assumed the eldest (11 years) would be the first to suffer any age related health issues but he wasn't. The youngest of the oldies developed a thymoma and the other two boys were both revealed to have tumours. I had to have the three of them pts within a month of each other. So it was very hard and May was a time for grief and the rabbit landscape has changed significantly.

Back